CoinPeople.com

The Good, The Bad, and the Eastwood ...ENDED

This is a little different as far as contests go, the prize is not coins/notes. The prize is this...

45719.jpg

The Clint Eastwood Man With No Name DVD set. Find description here...

The Man With No Name Trilogy

The only thing is it is Region 1 encoded (US & Canada), so I'm afraid our international friends may not be able to use them.

The reason for this prize is I happened to buy this set for Patrick for his birthday and he went and bought it himself. :ninja: But his loss, is your gain...

What I want:

Tell me how you can tie in these three classic westerns with numismatics. The winner will be chosen most likely by drawing unless someone really blows me away with a response. ;)

Deadline for entries is Tuesday at 9pm CST.

Good luck!

Each of the movies has dollars in the title, or as a main part of the plot. They all involve a quest for a large amount of money. The titles, "Fist Full of Dollars" and a "Few Dollars More" are clear, but "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" is actually a docu-drama based upon the coin competitions held here at CoinPeople. I can see Stujoe now with his wrinkled hat, that little stogie in his mouth, and his sarape over his shoulder. At the other end of the street there's non other than UnK. Fancy black boot, leather pants, flashy concho belt and hat. His nickel plated, pearl handled, sixgun at the ready.

OH! Enough, I don't want to give the whole plot away.

:ninja:

...I can see Stujoe now with his wrinkled hat, that little stogie in his mouth, and his sarape over his shoulder. At the other end of the street there's non other than UnK. Fancy black boot, leather pants, flashy concho belt and hat. His nickel plated, pearl handled, sixgun at the ready...

;)

:ninja:;)

One thing all three of these films have in common is that Lira was spent when you weren't filming they are great classics each about who has the money, who want's the money and who get's the money. . . . These are the Movies that Made Clint Eastwood a household name and one of the leading Western actors in cinema even today. . .

the Man With No Name trilogy actually gets better with each installment.

They paved the road for many classic eastwood films such as.

Hang 'Em High (1968)

Two Mules for Sister Sara (1969)

High Plains Drifter (1973)

Paint Your Wagon (1969)

Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) - One of the best Eastwood westerns made.

I could go on and on and mention all the Dirty Harry movies and all the eastwood catch phrases but I won't for now.

Left hook Clyde.

Art left out that A fist full of dollars is sorta like the Pic and no pic top poster war. . . and a a few dollars more is what Mcdoo wants for his Intas.

the good, the bad and the ugly could be sumed up as "the Pound, the intas and the US Dollar". . . . .

All the movies were about the EXTREMES some people will go through to get their paws on money!!! Paper, gold and silver....its all worth dying for, at least in the movies!

Guess I am going to have to pull out and post a picture of my buffalo hunting outfit! Went on a hunt this past new years eve , on the plains of Kansas, that required period clothing and primitive weapons under primitive living conditions and we hunted on horse back! The clothing and one weapon almost cost as much as the hunt!!! :ninja:

The Good the bad and the Ugly Was actually Filmed in Spain using 1500 Spainish MilitiaMen as Extras And they Actually had to Build a river for the Bridge that got blown up in the Battle scene.

Their were nearly 200 Spaghetti westerns in all. Eastwood made $15,000

For Fist full and $250'000 Per film The Profits of the Triligy were enough top start his own production company.

All three concern the acquisition of large amounts of gold by The Man With No Name playing two sides against each other.

Wow--The Reader's Digest Condensed Version!!! I like that! :ninja:

All three concern the acquisition of large amounts of gold by The Man With No Name playing two sides against each other.

actually he does have a name. 3 in fact.

in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, he is credited in the script as "Joe," although he is never referred to in the film by that name. The other characters in the film call him "Blondie" (Blondie is Mexican slang for a white person). In the first film, he is addressed three times as "Joe," and in the second, the characters call him "Manco" (this may be because "manco" is Mexican slang for someone who doesn't use his or her left hand; the character does not use his left hand until the final showdown.)

The other characters in the film call him "Blondie" (Blondie is Mexican slang for a white person).

BLONDIE!?!. . . . MEXICAN Slang???????

I would believe that about blanco or Pálido or even Wettal.

But Blondie????

;)

Archived