CoinPeople.com

Grade The Granddaddy of all morgans!!

LostDutchman

A great purchase. I'm not much into Morgans so I don't really know the fine points of grading them. I'd say VF30 because of the rarity. Otherwise it would probably go F15.

A great purchase. I'm not much into Morgans so I don't really know the fine points of grading them. I'd say VF30 because of the rarity. Otherwise it would probably go F15.

HA! Market Grading at it's best, eh? :ninja:

I would say a solid 12 if it is in it's original holder. If it has gone through a few rounds of the crackout game then it is probably higher on the slab.

Between 12 and VF 20.

I don't fully understand why some people ask dealers to fill out a series for them. I understand having a dealer look for certain coins but where is the fun of having someone else do your series collecting for you?

Awesome that he is a coin collector though! maybe his collecting patience helped him through the seasons of survivor he was in.

Between 12 and VF 20.

I don't fully understand why some people ask dealers to fill out a series for them. I understand having a dealer look for certain coins but where is the fun of having someone else do your series collecting for you?

Awesome that he is a coin collector though! maybe his collecting patience helped him through the seasons of survivor he was in.

i am not exactily filling it out for him... we are doing it together... he gets seen a lot and usually in public is mobbed by fans and autograph seekers so it isn't easy to go to a show like this and get time to shop...but he filled most of the number one dansco book on his own before he expressed interest in working with me to fill the second book... I am actitually meeting him in orlando at the fun show and we are going to go shopping together. I am able to get "wholesale" prices from some other dealers that I know so just like any other customer it helps fill a want list.... but this is going to be fun cause he is going to be there shopping with me.... I just hope he likes this coin :ninja:

I am actitually meeting him in orlando at the fun show and we are going to go shopping together.

The paparazzi is going to be all over this. I can't wait to tell them. Do you know how much a good pic of you is going these days! :ninja:

But yes, i totally understand now why he'd enlist your help.

• 1 month later...

I'd say it is an VG8. Probably in an older ANACS holder. :ninja:

I didn't know Rupert Boneham was a coin collector. I have never really watched survivor but I am familiar with him.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A VG 8??? Grossly undergraded if you asked me. A VG 8 would not have all the details you see on the obverse, let alone the reverse. This coin is a bare minimum F 12. It's more like an F 15 to me. And thats being extremely conservative.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived