CoinPeople.com

My new avatar

Blackhawk

I found this token today in a coin shop junk box and it's about to become my avatar piece. The Blackhawk Wars of 1832 took place in my home state of Wisconsin and involved three future presidents...Abraham Lincoln, Zachary Taylor and Confederate president Jefferson Davis. If you're a history buff, Google the subject to find out more.

Blackhawk.jpg

Not sure if you have any indian heritage, but at least as the name goes it is a fitting avatar! :ninja:

As a comment on the piece. I must say that I find it strange that with all the "room" at the top of the coin, a portion of the text is hidden behind the head. Maybe if the text was bigger. Or maybe it's just me. ;)

I am assuming this is a part of a series? Have you found any background info on it? I am guessing that FM is Franklin Mint?

Cool avatar, Bill !!! :ninja:

I found this token today in a coin shop junk box and it's about to become my avatar piece. The Blackhawk Wars of 1832 took place in my home state of Wisconsin and involved three future presidents...Abraham Lincoln, Zachary Taylor and Confederate president Jefferson Davis. If you're a history buff, Google the subject to find out more.

Blackhawk.jpg

Neat medal. I read that Jefferson Davis was the officer who administered the oath of enlistment to Lincoln who was a volunteer for that campaign.

Nice memento of the history of your state.

Archived