CoinPeople.com

Stuff people write on banknotes

akdrv

"Beware of what's going to happen!" :ninja:

http://www.sorabji.com/_/Stuff_People_Write_on_Money

Wow...People just write all sorts of things on the banknotes. Just cannot imagine. I think the date written on the note give an important indication. Polymer banknotes may be around for a very long time due to it's durability. Can't imagine if the note travel from hands to hands for 80 years. That's a lifespan of a person.

;)

That's a pretty cool site. Whenever I get one with something written on it, I always wonder why there aren't more notes with grafitti on them. I usually only see the occasional numbers written on them - I always assume they are counting marks from some bank or other business.

That's a pretty cool site. Whenever I get one with something written on it, I always wonder why there aren't more notes with grafitti on them. I usually only see the occasional numbers written on them - I always assume they are counting marks from some bank or other business.

Honestly, I do not know how the authorities look at it. I meant the website with all the notes with grafitti on it. It is spelled as an offence to write or disfigure the banknotes. What do you think ?

:ninja:

Honestly, I do not know how the authorities look at it. I meant the website with all the notes with grafitti on it. It is spelled as an offence to write or disfigure the banknotes. What do you think ?

:ninja:

I think it's pretty hard for them to track down most notes that people write on unless there stupid enough to put personal info on it.

One thing I always see is notes with "where's George" on it with a website printed and you can go to that website and see where that bill has been.

I think it's pretty hard for them to track down most notes that people write on unless there stupid enough to put personal info on it.

One thing I always see is notes with "where's George" on it with a website printed and you can go to that website and see where that bill has been.

Quite true on the notes but now the notes are displayed on the website at http://www.sorabji.com/

owned by Mark A. Thomas. Authorities may want to talk to him regarding these disfigured notes even though the notes were not disfigured by him. It will be quite troublesome as he still need to answer to them. :ninja:

I got an Idea everyone write coinpeople on there money and your name and see how long before you get some cash with someone elses name on it.

Kinda like that idea. Though I don't feel like going to work with a pen on all the cash I come across.

I keep some of the strange bills I get with random things stamped on them, too. Some of the interesting ones that come to mind include "Impeach Bush!" (stamp), Gay $ (stamp), and a couple different handwritten ones with things along the lines of "Send this money back to me!" along with addresses. I'll have to look through my strange ones later, also a few with phones numbers that say to phone the number listed and call the answerer something rude.

On a side note, I hate the bills that are like little chain letters ('write this on ten other bills and you will get a wish!!!' etc.) :ninja: Umm... no thanks.

No, the pen has a small uv LED that you shine on the ink to reveal the message. Pretty cool, don't know where he got it though.

Here is the UV ink pen mentioned.

http://grandworldinc.en.alibaba.com/produc...h_UV_light.html

Archived