CoinPeople.com

Birthday giveaway. Tabbs is the winner!

Rules are simple:

Post here some words or pics about the 1967 year.

Prize consist in 2 commem coins of 2 euro: one German 2006 and one Austrian 2005 plus 2 Unc Chinese banknotes of 2 Yuan 1980 with series end 2006 and 2007!!!

Entries end: 31th July.

Good luck

In 1967 the first sucessful heart transplant took place.

Movies first sold on videotape

The Beatles released "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

First time the Superbowl was played.

Earth Day is celebrated for the first time.

The Detroit Death Riots happened

In 1967 I was employed by the US Post Office. I had a walking route in Wantagh NY and later in the year switched to Ronkonkoma with a mixed walking/mounted route. I loved it.

On May 15 1967 our oldest daughter was born. Mary Elizabeth. She was a beauty - still is.

hmmmmmm...... 1967.......

I wasnt even around......... :lol:  lol

KFC :ninja:

:cry: Shut up and post something about 1967! ;)

This contest isn't only for old hippies!

The Six-Day War, also known as the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, Six Days War, or June War, was fought between Israel and the nearby Arab states of Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, and Syria. The war was initiated by an Israeli response to Egyptian aggression, when Israel launched a preemptive attack against Egypt. Jordan in turn attacked the Israeli cities of Jerusalem and Netanya. At the war's end, Israel had gained control of the Gaza Strip, the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank, and the Golan Heights. The results of the war affect the geopolitics of the region to this day.

Found this on wikipedia, seemed pretty relevant to then and now. It was called the 6 day war because you just don't mess with the Israeli's. They don't play.

In 1967 my Canadian uncle gave me this coin along with three total sets of centennial coins:

900048.jpg

I was supposed to give two of the sets to my sisters but instead I put them in a plastic box padded with cotton and paper towels. Then I wrapped the box with duct tape for safety, took it home and promptly forgot it until last year. My sisters still haven't gotten their coins... :ninja:

In 1967 Cunard's RMS Queen Mary was withdrawn from Transaltantic crossings having debuted on the route in 1936. Her construction along with a few other new ships had packed off former Tranatlantic stalwarts to scrapyards, notably; RMS Mauretania (the Lusitania's sister) & RMS Olympic (the Titanic's sister). The Queen Mary was also used for filming in part of the original Posidon Adventure, and is now moored at Long Beach, California.

Also on April 25 1967, keeping on the maritime theme i'm on today, James Groves Boxhall 4th (and last surviving) Officer of the Titanic died. He also helped as a technical assistant on the 1958 Film a Night to Remember.

Quite an happening year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived