CoinPeople.com

Personal Milestones reached

Ian

Two personal milestones worthy of note..... for me that is.

Firstly, i've just passed my 500th coin posted on omnicoin.com. Now standing at 507 with only another 12,000 or so to go. It's a pretty hard slog I can tell you! :ninja:

See my omnicoin coins here: http://omnicoin.com/?collection=Ian

The second milestone was today when the 666th individual seller gave me positive feedback. That means that today, 22nd June 2006 I am officially identified with the number of the beast. So if I end up doing something totally out of character you will know why. :-)

I always said to myself that i'd start selling off items that no longer fitted in with my collecting interests when I got to a 666 feedback rating. Mind you i never expected that i'd ever get there in the first place, but i've been putting off doing a clear out for years now. So now that i'm officially a 666, I can't hold back the beast any longer. I've got a disposal job on my hands getting rid of all my modern stuff (ie 1880 - present) including proofs and proof sets etcetera. I've more of a problem deciding where to start than anything else.

I've got a  disposal job on my hands getting rid of all my modern stuff (ie 1880 - present) including proofs and proof sets etcetera.  I've more of a problem deciding where to start than anything else.

Please advise when you do start getting rid of some of this stuff. I may be interested in a few pieces here and there, and would hate to miss the opportunity to get stuff from a reliable source instead of the trecherous waters of the Bay.

BTW, congrats on reaching your levels. I recently broke 1000 on OmniCoin, and just hit 400 this week on eBay.

Please advise when you do start getting rid of some of this stuff.  I may be interested in a few pieces here and there, and would hate to miss the opportunity to get stuff from a reliable source instead of the trecherous waters of the Bay.

I was thinking that too...

Congrats Ian, with reaching these mile stones

Ian-

I too join the chorus in offering congratulations on your personal milestones.

And I too join in those wishing an opportunity to bid on your collection purge adventure. Nothing better than buying from a trusted source.

Congratulations Ian !!! :ninja:

If you're selling British Victorian ... well, you know me :lol:

The second milestone was today when the 666th individual seller gave me positive feedback. That means that today, 22nd June 2006 I am officially identified with the number of the beast. So if I end up doing something totally out of character you will know why. :-)

Hmmmm - could be scary then when you hit 666 posts here on CP :lol: Only 22 more to go :cry:

And 500 on OmniCoin - good grief that's a lot of picture posting :ninja:

Just received my first French jetton (I'll post it in a few days). Damn you! If you start cleaning out jettons with city views............

Congratulations on 666. It becomes you!

Thanks everyone.

Once I figure out where to make a start on selling my `moderns' i'll post here.

So Bill, you bought a `city view' jeton eh? :ninja:

Welcome to the darkside of the darkside. I look forward to seeing your purchase.

Ian

Thanks everyone.

So Bill, you bought a `city view' jeton eh?  :ninja:

Here's the catalog image:

j21_0003.jpg

Study the coat of arms and look at my omnicoins and you'll see what interested me. Add to that the view of the cathedral and I'm in too deep alredy. Thank you Ian for your informative posts on jettons. I would not have seen the above piece otherwise and it does relate directly to one of my collecting themes. I'll post my Chartres coins and my photograph of the jetton probably this weekend (if I get the time to photograph it). I'll explain the imagery and what attracted me in that post.

Here's the catalog image:

j21_0003.jpg

Study the coat of arms and look at my omnicoins and you'll see what interested me. Add to that the view of the cathedral and I'm in too deep alredy. Thank you Ian for your informative posts on jettons. I would not have seen the above piece otherwise and it does relate directly to one of my collecting themes. I'll post my Chartres coins and my photograph of the jetton probably this weekend (if I get the time to photograph it). I'll explain the imagery and what attracted me in that post.

Ah yes. I saw your post of the degenerated chinonais type denier of Charles de Valois. That is some coin sir! I'm jealous.

However, that surely is a real cracker of a jeton you have got hold of, and very appropriate to your interests. The connection between the denier and the jeton is very obvious.....but I suspect there's more to it than that :ninja:.

I have only one jeton issued for Chartres, from the Louis XVI period, his youthfull bust obverse, and the same coat of arms as yours reverse. No date, but sometime in the 1770's. I'll scan it some time this weekend.

Ian

Congratulations! Though your area of collecting is far from my primary interests, I do enjoy viewing your collection and reading about them.

I've got a  disposal job on my hands getting rid of all my modern stuff (ie 1880 - present) including proofs and proof sets etcetera.  I've more of a problem deciding where to start than anything else.

:cry:

;) for you!  Now show us the goodies and let the feeding frenzy begin!  :ninja:

Here I am...

sharkfin-small.jpg

:lol:

Firstly, i've just passed my 500th coin posted on omnicoin.com. Now standing at 507 with only another 12,000 or so to go. It's a pretty hard slog I can tell you! :ninja:

See my omnicoin coins here: http://omnicoin.com/?collection=Ian

I always said to myself that i'd start selling off items that no longer fitted in with my collecting interests when I got to a 666 feedback rating. Mind you i never expected that i'd ever get there in the first place, but i've been putting off doing a clear out for years now. So now that i'm officially a 666, I can't hold back the beast any longer. I've got a  disposal job on my hands getting rid of all my modern stuff (ie 1880 - present) including proofs and proof sets etcetera.  I've more of a problem deciding where to start than anything else.

Congratulations on both milestones.

And, as some of the others have said, let us know what you're interested in parting with before you throw them to the lions on fleabay. I'm interested in a 1965 U.S. SMS and an uncirc 2005 Australian $1 Kangaroo.

Jerry

Archived