CoinPeople.com

Buffalo Gold

Dockwalliper

:ninja: What about the Palladium coins that they are making? Another buffalo for the collection or a piece of junk metal with a nifty design eh? heh :lol:

3f_1.jpg

The westward journey coins really caught my attention as an artist, the nickel designs are really interesting and the composition of the design is very pleasing to the eyes. Not to mention the new obverses, which I absolutely love. (I just picked up 8 rolls of 2006-P's) Keeping with the buffalo theme though, besides the Kansas state quarter ( I think ) most of the designs are side views. When you look at some of the african coins with the water buffalo on it you can really see an artistic jump compared to ours.

1997southafricagoldnaturaoneounceobv240.jpg

1997southafricagoldnaturaoneouncerev240.jpg

That reminds me, have you guys ever seen the wooden bills? Haha, its like a buffalo nickel on steriods. My local coin dealer has a stack of them sitting on the back shelf for a good chuckle. :ninja:

• 1 month later...

From the says:

"Press must RSVP by Friday, June 16 with the following information: full name, media outlet, Social Security number, date and place of birth, drivers’ license state and number. Fax the information to Tom Dinardi at 845-446-6258. Due to safety concerns, please do not wear open-toed shoes. No coins in pockets, wallets or purses please. Credentialed members of the press are asked to arrive by 10:30 a.m. for check-in."

Okay Tiff, the bootscooters are a no no for this event, and the steel toes will set off the metal detectors, no jangling of the last weeks accumulations to your hoard in your pockets, that big coin smuggling purse is a no no, otherwise please have fun and represent our fair lot well.... :ninja:

At least the gov't didn't try to make and sell copper bullion  :ninja:  coins lol.

I've been watching for a copper medal made from the roof of the US Mint in New Orleans. Can't believe they haven't decided to use that as a "fund raiser" to repair the Mint.

I've been watching for a copper medal made from the roof of the US Mint in New Orleans. Can't believe they haven't decided to use that as a "fund raiser" to repair the Mint.

They did it with copper from the Statue of Liberty back in 1986 too.

Eh, although interesting, it's not a bullion reserve. But with the rising costs of copper, it's only a matter of time before we see the new American Copper Eagles series lol. :ninja:

That seems to be a common thing to repair places. They sold little copper crosses cut from the roof of St. Paul's Cathedral here to fix the roof. It was completely verdegris and starting to deteriorate. All my life that roof was green, now it's metal. Freaks me out.

Those jokers on the shopping channel were selling ms-70 slabbed buffalgold coins for over $1200 dollars!!!

The mint did do a great job with the design but I can't stand the ultra smoothness of the lettering on the reverse. It is just too distracting.

Archived