CoinPeople.com

L-UVliest banknotes

bifrost

There are a lot of interesting details in banknotes, some are hidden to the eye. Here is a nice example that is revealed under UV-light

50kr.jpg

Normal light Sweden 50kr 2003.

50krUV.jpg

Musical lines lighted up in a nice red colour.

Se one more example in my gallery

I am happy that you like them. I have first now been experimenting how to take the pictures, and have had some troubles. You have to balance the right amount of lightning against the right amount of UV-lightning and angle it as good as possible.

The 100kr is also nice under UV, with a hidden text showing up in green I think.

Here is some more results from my photography:

Macau100p.jpg

This is a Macau 100patacas 1992 seen under regular light. I am sorry about the blurring.

Macau100pUV.jpg

The same banknote under UV-light. A map of the city of Macau is lightened up in a yellow-green colour.

Next one in the line:

Macau20p.jpg

It is a 20 patacas from 1996 in regular light. The building to the right is the old head office of the BNU bank (Banco National Ultramarino), which is one of the two emissors of banknotes in Macau.

Macau20pUV.jpg

The same banknote under UV-light. A strange bird figure is seen in yellow-green light.

The last one:

Macau50p.jpg

It is a Macau 50 patacas 1992 banknote seen in regular light. It shows a lion dance figure, traditional from chinese festivals.

Macau50pUV.jpg

Under UV-light a yellow-green, lilac and slightly red stylised figure of The Lion dance appears. This one is my favourite UV banknote.

• 9 months later...

The European Central Bank now has a nicely done (Flash) animation about the euro security features.

http://www.ecb.eu/bc/flash/security/index_en.html

Part of that is images of € notes under UV light. In the "menu" on the left, click on "UV light" to view them. And make sure you click on "Turn over" to see the other side - those bridges look interesting in that light ...

Christian

The European Central Bank now has a nicely done (Flash) animation about the euro security features.

Part of that is images of € notes under UV light. In the "menu" on the left, click on "UV light" to view them. And make sure you click on "Turn over" to see the other side - those bridges look interesting in that light ...

Christian

That is VERY well done. Thanks for the link!

Christian

That's a neat site.

• 3 weeks later...

It's like a hidden world inside the banknote. Very similiar in comparsion to those unknown creatures in the deep sea which we see for the first time. :lol:

When taking such photos, time exposure technique can be use with camera mounted on a tripod or stand. Flashlight cannot be use in this photo take. I have yet to try it out myself. I will need a UV light bulb. :ninja: