CoinPeople.com

An appreciation and memorial

Ætheling

Ladies and gentleman.

Some of you more long time members who remember the old forum will no doubt remember a member by the name of Anita, (username aem). Many of us regarded her as a friend and her passing last year was a sad blow to us all. In the time i got to know her on here i got a glimpse of the woman she was. Kind, affectionate and a genuinely enthusiastic person who warmed the hearts of those she met. Two things will always stand out in my mind with Anita, firstly her enthusiasm for the hobby and secondly her love of Morgan dollars.

So as a fitting tribute to her i think this thread should be a Morgan dollar free for all. If you've got a Morgan then post it!

Link to the U.S. Pattern Collectors. Here are George Morgan's patterns for 1879, two different dimes, a quarter, and a half, as well as a different reverse for the dollar.

http://uspatterns.com/uspatterns/18morsilset.html

Here is the champagne blue Morgan Dollar Pattern from Larry & Ira Goldberg.

You don't see these every day.

I never knew her but with I did, Here's my one and only morgan (at the moment). Contrary to some people who really don't like the pattern, morgans are my favorite dollars. My great-grandmoter used to have hundreds of them but they were stolen (all but a few). I always wonder if one of hers will end up for sale somewher (not that you could ever know).

scan00077.jpg

-Zem

I don't have an online picture of a Morgan and don't have one that makes a decent picture. I knew Anita from this site and another. She was a very nice person and I always enjoyed her posts. She had a really nice outlook on people and life. She's missed.

Here are the pictures of the ShortSnorter2004 that Anita had in the project. We sent the note on to her Mom at the end of the project. I'll include a note for her in the SS2006 and do the same.

AnitasUS1DollarObv-vi.jpgAnitasUS1DollarRev-vi.jpg

Archived