CoinPeople.com

First album?

Abish

It is a two-for-one thread. Name an album, and I'll most likely already have one or two of them sitting around unused. While they are by far the most common gift I recieve, I've never attempted to fill an album, but another thread here has given me the urge to see what it is like. So...

1)What was your first album?

2)What would be a good first album for me? Ideally, it would be neither prohibitively difficult to fill, or so easy to fill that it would be pointless and dull. Just a good album to give me an idea of the general experience.

My first was a Whitman album 1959 - 1974, my dad started it the year I was born and I continued to fill the holes until 1992.

Ikes is a good album, everything is affordable, and it has a couple stumbling blocks with the 1976 varieties that you have to look a little harder for.

My first was a Whitman album 1959 - 1974, my dad started it the year I was born and I continued to fill the holes until 1992.

Ikes is a good album, everything is affordable, and it has a couple stumbling blocks with the 1976 varieties that you have to look a little harder for.

While I agree with Tiffibunny that the Ike album is a great one to start with, I'd suggest the Kennedy Halves album - the one with proofs. If you are going for circulated, reasonable grade, you can actually get most of the coins from the banks. But it's still work. You'll have to find the proofs at auctions and such.

Enjoy.

Of course, if you want a real challenge - go with Indian Head Cents.

:ninja:

Little blue Whitman folders (both) for the Lincoln cents. I tried to fill them from circulation when I was a kid.

• 3 weeks later...

1)What was your first album?

2)What would be a good first album for me? Ideally, it would be neither prohibitively difficult to fill, or so easy to fill that it would be pointless and dull. Just a good album to give me an idea of the general experience.

Thanks  ;) .

1. My first and only album was a 1913 to present (1979) nickel album that I filled as a child.

gallery_6_11_42994.jpg

gallery_6_11_3156.jpg

gallery_6_11_99979.jpg

gallery_6_11_76925.jpg

2. Go for the nickels! :ninja:

Mercury Dimes. I wanted the experience... I guess that I am still waiting in that I do not have the 1916-D.

I filled the folder mostly from "circulation" which is to say by going through bags of circulated Mercury dimes at a coin dealer's. I bought five or six that I did not find that way, the semi-keys and a couple of others.

That was it.