CoinPeople.com

Time Machines and Cherrypicking

Ætheling

I dream to go back in the 1930's to see live the night life in Bucharest and to grab some restaurant tokens - great rarities today. Meantime, a short trip to France, for buying some paintings... :ninja:

Philadelpia, 1793. Trade some Spanish Milled Dollars for a few rolls of shiny red, freshly minted Chain & Wreath Large Cents.

• 11 months later...

1) 1792 in Paris: all the revolutionary issues.... and some neat spectator action at the guillotine.

2) 1560 in Paris: the young, sickly François II takes the throne and dies within the year. I grab every bit of coin or jeton that has his name or likeness on it.

3) 1550 in London: I see Lady Jane Grey before she dies and try to get a contemporary portrait before Mary comes to power and destroys them all.

Nov 22nd, 1963 - I'd be in Dealey plaza taking photos of the grassy knoll, the trainyard, and the 6th floor windows of the Book Depository building. Just so that the events can be recorded accurately. Of course, I would make as many copies as possible and mail them out anonymously to news and media outlets. I wouldn't want to be just another "coincidence" in the cover-up.

I would want to go back to early 1917. i would start by grabbing a one of each of the following...

1856 Flying Eagle cent

1877 IHC

1909s IHC

1909s VDB cent

1909s cent

1914-D cent

1916 DDO Buffalo nickel

1916-D merc

1916 SLQ

1911-D Quarter Eagle

1909-O Half Eagle

1907 Eagle a set of both rims--wire and rolled

1907 double Eagle a set of both rims

That should do me just fine

First before I would head back I would get an loan then visit my friend to sell me his 1934 10,000 dollar bill. Then I would go back to Aug 27th 1937 New York city. Find the best rare coin shop and Buy them out of their stock or close to it. But before I head back to the good old 21st century I would find a drug store with comics and use my last 5 dollars ( 10 cents each 10X50 = 5.00) to buy all the Action Comics Number #1 in mint shape :ninja: (An 300,000+ dollar comic now)

• 1 year later...

Archived