CoinPeople.com

The doldrums....

UncleBobo

I don't know if it's the economy or just the time of year but I have next to no interest in buying any coins right now. Given the drop in new topic postings in recent weeks I'm guessing I'm not the only coinperson experiencing the collecting doldrums.

How are the rest of you doing?

I'm buying high and low and missing lots in auctions because they exceed my limit. I'd say I'm just having fun and that's what its supposed to be.

I don't know if it's the economy or just the time of year but I have next to no interest in buying any coins right now.

Please make an urgent appointment to see your Doctor, or better yet, go straight to the hospital emergency department. There are drugs & therapy available for this serious condition. Being too busy to post ones latest acquisitions is one thing............... no interest in buying :ninja:

Busy with other stuff, and most of my type sets are complete, and waiting for the key date / hard to get stuff.

I know how you feel. I had to add another series to collect because I was sick of the downtime btween keys.

I don't know if it's the economy or just the time of year but I have next to no interest in buying any coins right now. Given the drop in new topic postings in recent weeks I'm guessing I'm not the only coinperson experiencing the collecting doldrums.

How are the rest of you doing?

Been in that doldrum for several years. lol

I'm not in the doldrums but my budget is getting tighter and tighter every month. Income stays level or goes down but everything is going up like crazy. I'm really getting sick and tired of all this gov't crying crap. Need more fees, more taxes, more special assessments. Way too much going out and not even close to enough coming in.

Just been busy. Between work and "off" time not much time. Even got two computers to work on this weekend. One upgrade and reload all software another just reload all software. And one maybe upgrade some hardware. The 4th and if I have spare time work on my motorcycle.

A shift in hobby priorities for me, model railroading has always been a side interest - when I had no space for it, but now that I do have a dedicated room for a layout it has taken priority and a lot of time. Model trains are a lot better than they used to be, more detail, better controls, sound features etc.

A shift in hobby priorities for me, model railroading has always been a side interest - when I had no space for it, but now that I do have a dedicated room for a layout

Does that mean you are out of prison now? Or have they given you an adjacent cell to use?

I have cut back on impulse buying and have only been purchasing specific items that I need as I find them.

(Saor Alba steered me to two beautiful Holy Freres Schutzenfest medals recently for which I am eternally grateful.)

I'm pretty much just working 50-60 hour weeks and filling up the bank account which will be drained when the angry one returns to college in August.

Kind of dropped out of my my doldrums today. I have not stopped by a pawn shop for a long time. But what the hey. They had a small brown envelope with a small batch of coins. 6 morgans ( 2 - 1887 o's, 1889 o, 1900 o au, 1882 o, 1883 o (can't remember what coin book causes it but it has nice toning on the back with that stripe nice au) , 1 peace dollar 1925, dateless "s" nickel, 1908 nickel, 1964 d quarter, 1964 d dime, 1935, 1936, 1944 merc dimes, a few wheat cents, 1974 ike dollar, and last but not least 1898 o quarter in a solid g4. I was just interested in the 1883 o dollar with the toning and the 1898 o quarter, but he wanted to get rid of the whole package. I told him the wheat cents, buff, ike, and nickel he could just use as change, but he said he wanted to get rid of all of it. And make an offer. I told him $80 expecting to bargain some, but he took it! I just wonder what he got them for? Have not had time to really go through them yet other then checking for over dates on the 1887 o morgans and the 1944 dime. Nope nothing there. Over $100 silver content, for $80 not bad. :ninja: Pics later in new purchases.

I've actually started buying again, but low-cost circulated goodies for my birthyear world set and stray British coppers. Nothing that will break the bank. I've even thrown a few bids at eBay with mixed success.

Archived