CoinPeople.com

2000 Sacky pattern?

Dockwalliper

I'll bet that you're right on the circulation thing. I'd guess most ended up going to kids and eventually finding their way into commerce.

I bet a few of these are out in circulation.

Guest Stujoe

I have seen a few slabbed ones and I imagine some are in sock drawers/piggy banks but, like others, I bet a lot are in circulation. Or as much in circulation as Sacs get...probably in a PO machine, some transit system, or bank somewhere.

"rarely offered for sale, Cheerios Dollars were selling in the range of $125-$175..."

Article is a little outdated, I've seen these go for $1000. or more. Someone over @ CU has a starting buy offer of $600.

I just found my Cheerios coin blister, unfortunately it didn't come with a Sac, just a penny.

This one recently went for $30.99

46_1_b.JPG

I had a fellow email me just yesterday and offer one to me for a measly $8,500 still in the wrapper. Sorry to say I did not respond to the offer. I would like to have the Sacagawea but not at those kind of costs. Guess I will just keep looking!

Did anyone find a sacky dollar in thier box of Cheerios back in 2000? If you did you have the new hot item.

http://www.coinworld.com/Hub0704.asp

http://home.earthlink.net/~smalldollars/dollar/page20c.html

:ninja: Are you kidding?!? I never even heard of the Cheerios give-away until now. How do I miss these things? Okay, the next time somebody is giving out free coins in a box, etc., please contact the Kat! ;)

Cheerio sac auction

Ummmm, are all the Cheerio Sacs with the pattern reverse or only some of them?

Judging by the packaging, you can't see the reverse unless you open it so what happens if you spend thousands on this and it turns out to be not the pattern reverse?

:ninja:  Are you kidding?!?  I never even heard of the Cheerios give-away until now.  How do I miss these things?  Okay, the next time somebody is giving out free coins in a box, etc., please contact the Kat!  ;)

As a matter of fact, every time you buy a 16oz bottle of Heinz Catsup, you'll receive the defunct presidential dollar coin of John Kerry.

As a matter of fact, every time you buy a 16oz bottle of Heinz Catsup, you'll receive the defunct presidential dollar coin of John Kerry.

Silver, details please. We go through a ton of the red stuff.

Cheerio sac auction

Judging by the packaging, you can't see the reverse unless you open it so what happens if you spend thousands on this and it turns out to be not the pattern reverse?

I saw that auction also. Currently @ $3,010. with 19 bids. And still 5 days to go.

BTW, the reserve has not been met, being $6,000. I believe there are fewer than 500 of these sets, making the 6 grand highly possible.

Cheerio sac auction

If you read the articles it states that ALL the cheerios Sac are the "pattern" coins.

I contacted the seller of the Sac on eBay thru another forum and he said he was in High School when he found the coin. He is not a collector but remembered he had the coin when he stumbled across a story sbout the Cheerios coins. He was told by Pat Braddick to set the reserve where he did. Dosen't look like he's gonna get it but $4000 is not to bad for a cereal box freebe.

I saw that auction also. Currently @ $3,010. with 19 bids. And still 5 days to go.

BTW, the reserve has not been met, being $6,000. I believe there are fewer than 500 of these sets, making the 6 grand highly possible.

Actually IIRC, there are 5500 total and it is estimated that 2500-3000 have made their way into circulation. This is why I am searching through boxes of sacs right now instead of my normal boxes of halves. Even if there are only 2000 in circ. that makes my odds of finding one of these in circulation much better than my odds of finding a 16D dime or a 14D or 09SVDB cent, and with the price this one is getting to it seems that it may be more valuable (at the moment) too!

Archived