CoinPeople.com

new addition to my collection - 1797 1/4 kop

BKB

Almost everyone here is going to tell you it's fake. The other's will complain that it's not slabbed. I think the best idea is to send to me immediately and forget all about it. Rarenum...you probably have 3 of these already and you shouldn't take up any more valuable space in your trays. No, I think it's best it's sent to me ;)

;):ninja:

We should split coin on weekly bases ;) and enjoy the coin. Just one question>should we offer to BKB hold the coin for couple days? ;):D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should split coin on weekly bases ;) and enjoy the coin. Just one question>should we offer to BKB hold the coin for couple days? :ninja:;)

All of these seem like reasonable proposals. Visitation rights for BKB seems only fair (he knows my address). ;)

He can even bring his microscope to look at it ;)

All of these seem like reasonable proposals. Visitation rights for BKB seems only fair (he knows my address). :ninja:

Guys, we could make arrangements involving Steve's and David's polushkas (if you do not know which ones we could discuss that further in a personal chat.) Then, technically, all of us would have all three coins in our collections. :-)

Damn thing is way too heavy. I will have to buy one for you to save my back. It is only like $12,000 to $15,000 new :-) But, you can certainly get it for less in Brooklyn. :ninja:

Rarenum, was it you who advised Bitkin to put this coin into his catalogue? Do you have another piece? GIM have enough equipment not only a microscope which is in many cases useless for coins with such a simple design and corrosion. Believe in what you want people.

Regards,

WCO

All of these seem like reasonable proposals. Visitation rights for BKB seems only fair (he knows my address). ;)

;):ninja: Well I forgot about microscope with Carl Zeiss Stemi lenses!!! ;)

Guys, we could make arrangements involving Steve's and David's polushkas (if you do not know which ones we could discuss that further in a personal chat.) Then, technically, all of us would have all three coins in our collections. :-)

I suspect I know.

Anyway, not a bad suggestion. A Polushka party. :ninja:

Probably the first time ever that all 3 coins were together.

Indians of tribe Tumbo-Yumbo enjoyed owning piece of glass bottle; it looked as a great treasure for them. Looks same may be the case here. :ninja:

WCO

Yep, they should have encapsulated it. Or send it to GIM. Only then it would become a great rarity! (MS70 mint glassy clear or something...) Possibly they would not even be able to tell that it is a broken off piece. How much corrosion do you see on the coin? Do not respond, it is rhetorical. Did we not agree to stay away from each other posts?

Rarenum, was it you who advised Bitkin to put this coin into his catalogue? Do you have another piece? GIM have enough equipment not only a microscope which is in many cases useless for coins with such a simple design and corrosion. Believe in what you want people.

Regards,

WCO

WCO,

1. I will skip first two questions.

2. Third questions you should ask experts from the GIM.

3. Fourth question in simple design and corrosion I’m not agree with you, but it is your opinion and I respect it.

4. I didn’t get "Believe in what you want people" .We are all human and members of coinpeople...

By the way, if you have your own opinion about coin listed by BKB it is great to know.

Rarenum.

I suspect I know.

Anyway, not a bad suggestion. A Polushka party. :ninja:

Probably the first time ever that all 3 coins were together.

Like that time with the 1798 AM dengas :-)

BKB, as usual you have a knack for finding some unusually rare pieces. You proved time and time again, those who do not look, will never find and those who do not read, will never know! :ninja:

Also, to WCO, if you have a theory to prove this coin is not genuine, I agree with your stand. However, unless you have proof, I would not be too adamant about your statements. There are very serious collectors on this post, who can attest about BKB's numismatic experience. he never makes a statement without first thoroughly researching the topic. On another hand, you..... well you know the answer. Stick to slabbed silver coins and you should be just fine :ninja:

Also, to WCO, if you have a theory to prove this coin is not genuine, I agree with your stand. However, unless you have proof, I would not be too adamant about your statements. There are very serious collectors on this post, who can attest about BKB's numismatic experience. he never makes a statement without first thoroughly researching the topic. On another hand, you..... well you know the answer. Stick to slabbed silver coins and you should be just fine :ninja:

My friend, you only forgot that authenticity must be proved not the contrary. I advised to authenticate the coin first, then to claim it is genuine. Just remember, there is no collector of Russian coins in this world who can authenticate all Russian coins without mistakes on his own. Some people know more, some - less, no one knows everything.

WCO

Archived