CoinPeople.com

Out with the old in with the new!

Uncle Charlie

A Coin Lottery Bussiness  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which name from the list below sounds most attractive to you?

• Numis-Lotto
    • Coin Lotto or Coin Lottery
    • Numismatic Lotto or Numismatic Lottery
    • National Coin Lottery (NCL)

I've had the urge to ask this particular question for many weeks now. I finally decided to break the ice barrier and see what the people here have to say. I want your input on this so I can work out any details I lack improvement on. That way when I really open for business, I'll know I have something worthy. So what is your thought? Tell me so I can see what to do. The main idea in this poll is to see which name is most appealing to the majority. The names you see above relate to the business I would like to get involved with. The concept of this idea I had recently about 3 months ago is simple. I put this very rare and valuable coin up for raffle, then I use a website I prebuilt to offer additional information on the raffle. I then advertise it in all the popular coin magazines(ex. Coin world) to get results. I ask correspondents for their name, address, phone number, and email address (optional). Then say for example, I ask them to put this information on a 1x2in. piece of blank paper, then send it along with a dollar to be entered in the contest. (The person may enter as often as they like.) If the person sends an email address I can email them further details and a photo of the coin being raffled. How dose this sound?

I voted for the "Nusmi-Lotto" hoping it's meant to be Numis-Lotto...

A great idea, could be a good little earner!

Clive.

Guest Sasquatch

I like the name NumisLotto or NCL if you are going to use the term 'lotto'. I do wonder if the term 'Lotto' or 'Lottery' might present problems because I think there are laws against them or maybe it is just usign the mail for them or something in the uS. I am not a lawyer but I do remember reading about something about the legal aspects of it.

I like the name NumisLotto or NCL if you are going to use the term 'lotto'. I do wonder if the term 'Lotto' or 'Lottery' might present problems because I think there are laws against them or maybe it is just usign the mail for them or something in the uS. I am not a lawyer but I do remember reading about something about the legal aspects of it.

Legal problems, huh? Well I guess I will have to check that out before I start. :ninja:

I like your idea, BUT lotteries are illegal. If LOTTERY is in the name...it's a lottery, which means it's gambling, which means it's illegal. It's a game of chance...which means it's gambling, which means it's illegal. Gambling in the State of California is legal only by the state and the Indians. Small time raffles done for/by charities can get away with it but doing it as a business is a big no-no. California does not like competition taking peoples money and as soon as they get a whiff of it, I guarantee you'll be hearing from Schwarzenegger and not in a nice way.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but you should really seek legal advice on this before investing any more time or money.

I like your idea, BUT lotteries are illegal. If LOTTERY is in the name...it's a lottery, which means it's gambling, which means it's illegal. It's a game of chance...which means it's gambling, which means it's illegal. Gambling in the State of California is legal only by the state and the Indians. Small time raffles done for/by charities can get away with it but doing it as a business is a big no-no. California does not like competition taking peoples money and as soon as they get a whiff of it, I guarantee you'll be hearing from Schwarzenegger and not in a nice way.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but you should really seek legal advice on this before investing any more time or money.

Definitely get the legal advice first. Any time you ask for money and offer a prize it's probably not legal.

You could do a give away where people enter to win :ninja:

Archived