CoinPeople.com

Royal Canadian Mint thinking of removing their penny

Nightwing

There is a PDF document that details the Royal Canadian Mint's findings of their public survey. To download follow this link: http://www.mint.ca/royalcanadianmintpublic...ome/default.htm

I found this interesting because the survey touches upon some of the same arguments I have read for and against the removal of the US Penny. (There are plans to redesign the penny for 2009 in the US)

• 1 month later...
There is a PDF document that details the Royal Canadian Mint's findings of their public survey. To download follow this link: http://www.mint.ca/royalcanadianmintpublic...ome/default.htm

I found this interesting because the survey touches upon some of the same arguments I have read for and against the removal of the US Penny. (There are plans to redesign the penny for 2009 in the US)

Just an FYI, and I know this has been brought up several times in the past, so forgive me, but...

Great Britian has a penny.

The United States and Canada have cents.

Just an FYI, and I know this has been brought up several times in the past, so forgive me, but...

clearly if people were concerned they would have taken the hint the first time.

is there anyone here who doesn't know that a penny is a common name for a one cent coin in the us?

I think if you polled Americans they would come out at about 95% in favour of referring to the coin as a Penny, and the rest are those hardcores that haven't quite yet accepted that Elvis is actually dead also.

Now wait a minute. Penny, cent, cent, penny who gives a heckfoo. BUT you're trying to tell me that Elvis is really dead. It's not a CIA witness protection thing? Next you'll be telling me there's not Santa.

Actually if you are to look at the paper rolls that house the "cent" or "penny" it is backwards for the most part to what most want it referred to. In Canada most of our paper rollers have the cent sign on them and no where does it say penny, however go on Ebay for Lincoln rolls... made in the US?... and most in HUGE letters say Pennies! Hmmmm :ninja:

Actually if you are to look at the paper rolls that house the "cent" or "penny" it is backwards for the most part to what most want it referred to. In Canada most of our paper rollers have the cent sign on them and no where does it say penny, however go on Ebay for Lincoln rolls... made in the US?... and most in HUGE letters say Pennies! Hmmmm :ninja:

When I have gotten cents from the bank, the US rolls always say "pennies", whilst the Canadian ones do indeed say "cent", it is how I tell them apart. Usually I didn't care for getting Canadian rolls, but with the high percentage of GVI and early YH QEII coins I have to have them.

• 1 month later...

Archived