CoinPeople.com

Tutankhamun Pyramid Shaped Coin Launched by Isle of Man

Nightwing

Ha, I will be nice tonight and not write what I think about that piece. :ninja: Technically, however, this does not seem to be a pyramid. It is a triangle, and three-dimensional only because any metal disk has a certain thickness. But a pyramid would have a square base and, on top of that, four triangular sides which "meet" at the top ... well, you know what they look like. "Pyramid shaped"? Nah.

Christian

ewwww.... give me the dollar any day!

PS. I was in the middle of typing this and it was moved!

Ooops. Looks like that was my "newbie" mistake. I didn't know there can't be two posts of the same topic in different forums.

Well, for those of you who don't know I posted this in the US Coin Forum asking if this would be a good substitute for the golden dollar coin.

I for one think this coin is kind of neat, but would be afraid of poking myself with one of the edges when sitting down. :ninja:

You bloody old timers ;):ninja:

Old timer, I'm only in my late 20's! ;)

I really like it because it's so unusual, I'll definately try & get hold of one of those when it become available

I feel the same way and I was actually looking into the price of one, but saw it's not available to us in the US.

EDIT: Just ordered mine, I'll try & post pics up once I get it ;)

Yes, please do!

Have just posted a pic on omni of my triangular coin LOL

Cook Island

$2 Triangular coin

3 legged table with Jug

Queen Elizabeth II

I will though I think get one of these as we shall be going to see the exhibition next year :ninja:

Any one seen the Cook Island 1992 $2 :ninja: strangly enough quite similar in shape, I will be posting one on Omi tomorrow ;)

I've got one of these as well. Notice that the corners are a little more rounded so you don't have to worry about injuring yourself if you keep these in your pockets. I love the idea of a triangular shaped coin for circulation. Besides, it's helpful to the visually-impaired. ;)

Oh yes, definitely a triangle, unless it has even a slight bit of pyramidical 3-d shaping to it...triangular prism??

"Gimmick"! is the first thing that spring to mind, but for that it is a rather novel looking gimmick!....

doesn't say, but I wonder what shape it really is?...

Oh yes, definitely a triangle, unless it has even a slight bit of pyramidical 3-d shaping to it...triangular prism??

"Gimmick"! is the first thing that spring to mind, but for that it is a rather novel looking gimmick!....

doesn't say, but I wonder what shape it really is?...

An equilateral triangle? (probably spelt that wrong) :ninja:

Gimmick or not I still think it's great

Archived