CoinPeople.com

Do you Know??

Dads Stuff

Back in 19and 58, when I was just a kid, my mother took me to the Denver mint. This is a souvenir we got on the tour. It has been tucked away in the back of a dresser drawer all this time. Mother has no idea what is in this package. I have measured the diameter of the impression and it corresponds with a silver dollar. I think there is too much heavy paper to get a good weight even if I had a device to weigh it with. I do not think it is a dollar coin. Probably a medal of some kind. Is anyone out there clairvoyant? Should I open it? Do you think you might know what it is?

mystery.JPGmystery1.JPG

Can't see through the heavy paper. And light does not penetrate the contents. I did rub the paper with a wooden spoon hoping that the detail would transfer and leave a shadow on the paper. But nothing I could make out shows through.

Can't see through the heavy paper. And light does not penetrate the contents. I did rub the paper with a wooden spoon hoping that the detail would transfer and leave a shadow on the paper. But nothing I could make out shows through.

Can you rub the edge of a real pencil lead across it to see if the image appears? You know, like they do on those detective shows when they are trying to find out what was written on a piece of paper that was once on the top of a tablet of paper?

Or, if you haven't yet made up your mind what to do... you can send it to me and I will be happy as a lark to rip it open and find out what it is and let you know... then send it back... or not. :ninja:

Corky

Hahaha... I was kidding. Of course you can't see through a medal/coin!

Archived