CoinPeople.com

Hey all..

Hey I'm new to the site ....I am from Nova Scotia Canada,30 years old , just started collecting a few years ago mostly coins (Canadian) my grandmother has been a big help with the starting of my coin collection.We have a small coin club in my area ( about 5 of us) LOL .I'm the only female in the club and all the men collect bank notes ;) So i really am just learning what is good and how to grade a few coins of mine own...This site looks good so I'll be stopping by to check in and see what's going on :ninja:;);)

Have you collected any coinage from the Maritimes? I have a few PEI cents that I got when they were cheap, and also some Newfoundland and New Brunswick coinages from the 19th century. The interesting part of the Maritimes coinages is that they are rather scarce by comparison to contemporary Canadian coinages, but really are overlooked as far as collecting them. I almost bought a Newfoundland $2 coin years ago, and now I wish I had. So the 50¢ from 1919 remains my largest Newfie coin.

Welcome. Hope that you enjoy it here and that your collecting provides you with many years of fun.

the smiley face you meant to type in after the words "bank notes" came up as a sad face instead. i know you're new, so you were probably just confused with how to use the smilies. ;)

also, i take offense to the term "ragpicker". i prefer being called a fine-cloth handler or exotic fabric connoisseur. :ninja:

welcome to coinpeople!

LOL i guess the sad face was for the men in my club ...they leave me out of the loop cause they collect bank notes and I'm into the coin collecting LOL :ninja:

just a quick question where does everyone get there new coins .........the area I'm from does not have any coin shops around the closest one around is 3 hours away:(

Ebay is a good place to start but dont go mad buying large amounts till you find a dealer that you can trust, also depending on what type of coins you are looking for you can allways ask for reccomendations on here ;)

:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

It gives me great pleaser to Welcome you to the Wonderful place here. it is a land like no other with free posting and a few silent partners we here would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts and send you a big spazmatic Welcome.

Archived