CoinPeople.com

Sweetest Day "Best Line" Contest

If you don't live in the Midwest, you may not know what Sweetest Day is. For those of you who don't know, it is a holiday celebrated on the third Saturday of October. Some people call it a "Hallmark Holiday", which it is, but the actual origins trace the holiday to either 1921 or 1910 in Ohio. A candy company there started the holiday by giving boxes of candy to orphans, the elderly, and the sick. Although there is little evidence of this corporate generosity anymore, Sweetest Day is still celebrated much like Valentine's Day, but without the widespread acknowledgement.

Here is the wikipedia entry on the holiday...

Sweetest Day History

Although Sweetest Day was on Saturday, I thought this might be a fun contest. The winner will receive a 1910 Lincoln Cent and a 1921 British Penny. The two years sweetest day was said to have been started. To enter the contest, post a pickup line/phrase of endearment relating to coins.

For example:

"You're so perfect, if I sent you into NGC, they would grade you a Proof-71."

I'll choose a winner on Monday, 10/30/06 at noon eastern time.

Happy Sweetest Day....

So nice to meet you and, you know, if I had a nickel for every time I met someone as beautiful as you, I'd have a whole five cents!

Great one Kat, I forgot to add that the winner will be chosen randomly from those who posted. I'll probably figure out another prize for a second winner of my favorite post....

You Penny, My Love!

My love for bronze is beauty!

Beauty is relativity,

And your shield beholds its majesty!

You Cent, My Love!

This only sophistry!

So please, oh please,

Please don't hate me!

Archived