Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeff, I'm completely unfamiliar with those great notes. What do you think of them? What series are they? Are you going back farther in your collection?

Jeff, I'm completely unfamiliar with those great notes. What do you think of them? What series are they? Are you going back farther in your collection?

The first is an 1891 Martha Washington $1 silver certificate. The second is a series 1869 $1 legal tender (similar to the 1917 design, but this one has a rainbow of color on the face, and a different back). The last is a series 1862 $1 legal tender, the first of the "greenbacks" with Salmon P. Chase on the face (he was secretary of the treasury under Lincoln). This one is printed on very thin paper, unlike the normal cotton linen fiber of later issues. So, yes, I suppose I am going earlier, and might have another 1869 note added soon!

Thank you dave......those links was very helpfull. :ninja:

:ninja: The indonesia 10000rupiah very beautifull in colours and very historical...simply love it. ;) is a 1975 year rite?

Yes, it's the 1975 issue. It took me a while to locate one of these, but I finally got one. Has to be my favorite Indonesian note... well, at least for now! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

some goodies i picked today dont know if they will be with me though

anyway

China, People's Republic 10 Yuan $4 1980

Ethiopia 5 birr $9 1976

HKSAR - hong kong & shanghai bank $50 hkd

HKSAR - bank of china $20 hkd

Mexico 20 peso $6.50 10.12.1992

Nigeria 1967 1 Pound $6

Singapore $1 1976 my fav out of the bunch serial # D/19 000091 cond. is @#@#@# but i like it

Yugoslavia 1989 500,000 dinara $7

FWA 25 is a beauty. Love the scene on the back of the note.

Yeah - - I've been holding out on this one for it in UNC.... Now I gott'a find the 100 in UNC too... The 10 Francs is too spendy for me nowadays, though. But yeah, I like the scene on the back - reminds me of many old movies!