CoinPeople.com

Buffalo Bullion

Dockwalliper

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the Coin Vault had the NGC First-Strike MS-70 on today for $1,200. Can't remember what they said the MS-69 was going for.

Basically if you buy a bullion coin, it's going to be darn close to a 69....I've read people saying "my Buffalo is a MS/PR70!".

The other night HSN had ICG graded PR70 First Day of Issue for $1,995

:lol::ninja::cry:

WOW! That must have been what the guys on the Coin Vault were talking about. They basically trashed ICG without mentioning names. Referred to them as the "other" big grading company. Certainly wasn't PCGS.

Haven't seen the proof in person yet, but my dad has. Said it was ugly as sin and isn't worth the money even if he had it.

I saw several of the bullion coins today (not the proofs). They looked better than I thought. I will probably get one to keep my US Bison type set complete, and it would be my first gold coin (I hear the biggest local dealer around here is selling them for 30-35 above spot).

Not in a hurry, but I am considering getting one.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only seen pictures and I like them. I've always liked the Buffalo nickels and so it's natural that I'd like these. I do feel that the design is being overused at this time. BUT, that said, if my budget permitted I'd put one aside.

Archived