CoinPeople.com

Do you specialize on your banknotes collection ?

see323

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually and unfortunately they put their best nourished soldiers on the DMZ for show, if you saw the ones at the Chinese border they would be more akin to Darfur refugees. It is interesting, North Korea is an enigma to most Americans, unless you have had to do time at the DMZ, my brother did a few years ago and said it was the most tense assignment he had in his whole service.

Back on topic though. I wonder how it is possible that North Korea ships out so much of it's money when they will not even let you take it out of the country? Do a search on eBay and you see tonnes of it and Cuban money for sale on there, but it is illegal to export the currency.

The first time I traveled to the USSR I had to smuggle out 100 Ruble notes in ball point pens, I rolled them in the cylinder to assure that I would have a neat souvenir. At that time it was prohibited to take currency out of the country, but strangely you could not exchange it back into dollars, so if you wanted to get something you had to go to a window and they would exchange your ruble notes for coins, usually 1 and 5 ruble coins commemoratives, which actually was kind of interesting since they were commems of the cathedrals in Moscow etc.

The 200 Wons is beautiful.

The Qatari riyals are gorgeous. I spent a year there in 8th grade. I highly recommend using a cityscape as part of your collage of Qatar. 90% of the population lives in Doha. They have gigantic and marvelous structures and hotels popping up all the time. After Dubai, Doha will be the place to be in the Middle East for the next 15 years at least.

I'll have to ask my mom to bring back some crisp notes next time she goes there (every few months).

The 200 Wons is beautiful.

The Qatari riyals are gorgeous. I spent a year there in 8th grade. I highly recommend using a cityscape as part of your collage of Qatar. 90% of the population lives in Doha. They have gigantic and marvelous structures and hotels popping up all the time. After Dubai, Doha will be the place to be in the Middle East for the next 15 years at least.

I'll have to ask my mom to bring back some crisp notes next time she goes there (every few months).

Can you ask your Mom to bring back some digital photographs of cityscape of Qatar. It's quite difficult to find such photos in the net. :ninja:;);)

Actually and unfortunately they put their best nourished soldiers on the DMZ for show, if you saw the ones at the Chinese border they would be more akin to Darfur refugees. It is interesting, North Korea is an enigma to most Americans, unless you have had to do time at the DMZ, my brother did a few years ago and said it was the most tense assignment he had in his whole service.

Back on topic though. I wonder how it is possible that North Korea ships out so much of it's money when they will not even let you take it out of the country? Do a search on eBay and you see tonnes of it and Cuban money for sale on there, but it is illegal to export the currency.

The first time I traveled to the USSR I had to smuggle out 100 Ruble notes in ball point pens, I rolled them in the cylinder to assure that I would have a neat souvenir. At that time it was prohibited to take currency out of the country, but strangely you could not exchange it back into dollars, so if you wanted to get something you had to go to a window and they would exchange your ruble notes for coins, usually 1 and 5 ruble coins commemoratives, which actually was kind of interesting since they were commems of the cathedrals in Moscow etc.

Yes, it is very difficult to bring out Russian currency. They are very strict. I have asked a friend to help to source for a solid, until now still no success. Anyone here can help. I need a 555555 and a 888888. :ninja:;)

I like the one India..it's really fantastic. Jai Hind :ninja:;);)

That's nice but remember to look for pretty ones. I too like the idea of collecting them as one of the theme. ;):D;)

Me too like the idea pretty ones... ;):ninja:;)

I collect all US currency and coins. I like to collect a wide variety of currency, old money, radar, repeaters and low serial numbers. Yesterday I found a $1.00 note with the serial of F 00008869 I. :ninja: The lowest one I have is F 00000333 F. This note is the highest. I don't keep anything that has more then four zero's at the beginning.

Can you imagine the possibilities of say, women of India:

ar4.jpg

:ninja: Aishwarya Rai has to be one of the most lovely actresses of all time.

Northern Indian girls are captivating beauties. In Singapore, most of the Indians are from the South. When I first started working as a software programmer many many years ago, I got to work with a young Northern Indian girl. Occassionally, I have problem concentrating on my programs but luckily the programs still work except that I need extra hours to make them work. ;);)

Can you imagine the possibilities of say, women of India:

:ninja: Aishwarya Rai has to be one of the most lovely actresses of all time.

Damn... Here at NU, Indians constitute a large part of the student body but I haven't seen any that look like that or "note-able" for their looks.

Can you ask your Mom to bring back some digital photographs of cityscape of Qatar. It's quite difficult to find such photos in the net. ;););)

So I talked with her today and she is actually going back for a week of business starting this weekend. I told her to bring back some crisp new notes ("brand new, unfolded currency, mom") of all the denominations she could afford. Apparently they hand her appx $700 worth of riyals when she steps off the plane so it should be no problem.

I forgot to ask about some pics but I definitely will remember :ninja:

So I talked with her today and she is actually going back for a week of business starting this weekend. I told her to bring back some crisp new notes ("brand new, unfolded currency, mom") of all the denominations she could afford. Apparently they hand her appx $700 worth of riyals when she steps off the plane so it should be no problem.

I forgot to ask about some pics but I definitely will remember :ninja:

Is ok, don't bother to ask your Mom on the pics. I don't think I have time to modify. I still have many other countries. Is good to acquire new currency at face value especially for a small country with only less than a million in population. Singapore is very much involved in many development infrastructure projects in Qatar at the government level. Same goes for Dubai. I heard that Singapore businesses are also investing in the country. ;)

We had an "opportunity" to move to Qatar in early 2004. Living in the Middle Beast is not my cup of tea, nor my wife's :ninja:

It's a great opportunity to relocate and live in another country once in a lifetime except living in Middle Beast and not in Middle East is definitely not a good idea. Is that the same beast as in the "Beauty and the Beast" story ;) ;) ;) Just kidding.

After spending time in China last year, I could easily live there or in Japan for awhile. If I could spend time there, I could broaden my knowledge and collection of Asian notes also. I added a couple of thousand notes to my collection while I was there, ie purchased bundles of currency :ninja:

How can you not want a bundle of these:

903650A.jpg ?

I have to love a country that loves the greatest aircraft in the world enough to put it on a banknote.

Archived