CoinPeople.com

Do you specialize on your banknotes collection ?

see323

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
see323 I got a 2003A US one dollar note serial# F 57555551 F, think thats worth holding on to?

Nope but if it is a F555555551 F, maybe you can keep it for awhile. Of course, an uncirculated piece will be a desirable one. Again, the ultimate one is still a solid number or a 00000001. :ninja:

Nope but if it is a F555555551 F, maybe you can keep it for awhile. Of course, an uncirculated piece will be a desirable one. Again, the ultimate one is still a solid number or a 00000001. ;)

Dang lol, well I'll keep an eye out, I get to look at around 10-20,000 in cash a day at work, so I'm ever looking for interesting stuff hehe. :ninja:

Oh man, I'm jealous! I was at a normal job for awhile but I had to go back to bartending part time just so I can look through the cash. I was actually having cash DT's when I left bartending in the first place. I have found a huge part of my collection that way. I couldn't even imagine having the chance to look through the amounts that you get to look through! And that bill you have with all the fives there is a small part of the collecting community that like bill's with a lot of the same numbers. I've seen them at money shows. It might be worth something to someone who plays liars poker!

Dang lol, well I'll keep an eye out, I get to look at around 10-20,000 in cash a day at work, so I'm ever looking for interesting stuff hehe. :ninja:

You are lucky to go through lots of cash. It's a tiring job looking at the serial numbers and even for some error prints. Sometimes, I do have some opportunity to do that. In my country, it is impossible to find solids and low serial number during circulation. The Monetary Authority would have remove them from the circulation. They are putting them up in public auction for collectors, dealers to bid and win.

Sometimes, I am lucky, I do find some error banknotes and nice repeaters or even radars. But these are not my focus and usually sold them away later.

;)

Oh man, I'm jealous! I was at a normal job for awhile but I had to go back to bartending part time just so I can look through the cash. I was actually having cash DT's when I left bartending in the first place. I have found a huge part of my collection that way. I couldn't even imagine having the chance to look through the amounts that you get to look through! And that bill you have with all the fives there is a small part of the collecting community that like bill's with a lot of the same numbers. I've seen them at money shows. It might be worth something to someone who plays liars poker!

You are right. There is only a small community in each country collecting same numbers or solid numbers banknotes. Most collectors only collect their own country solid banknotes. Most collectors collect any solid numbers whether it is a 111111, 222222....999999. Asian Chinese do not collect 444444. In the case of Americans, they collect almost any number but usually 11111111, 77777777 and 99999999 are higher in value than others. 88888888 are also higher in prices due to the likings of Asian collector, thereby pushing up the prices.

:ninja:;);)

You are right. There is only a small community in each country collecting same numbers or solid numbers banknotes. Most collectors only collect their own country solid banknotes. Most collectors collect any solid numbers whether it is a 111111, 222222....999999. Asian Chinese do not collect 444444. In the case of Americans, they collect almost any number but usually 11111111, 77777777 and 99999999 are higher in value than others. 88888888 are also higher in prices due to the likings of Asian collector, thereby pushing up the prices.

Is there a reason behind cultures preferring certain solids over other numbers? Personally I would prefer to get a solid 22222222 or 44444444 with B's on it from basically any country just because I like 2's and 4's and B because my name starts with it lol. I'd think it would be interesting (If I was really rich lol) to collect all solid numbers 1-9 with letters A-X (I think X is the highest on US notes) otherswise Z. So basically A11111111A A22222222A through A99999999A and the move onto B11111111B to B99999999B and up to X or Z or whatever. Then start on A11111111B and so on lol. That would be many many notes worth tons of cash. And one killer of a collection!

Is there a reason behind cultures preferring certain solids over other numbers? Personally I would prefer to get a solid 22222222 or 44444444 with B's on it from basically any country just because I like 2's and 4's and B because my name starts with it lol. I'd think it would be interesting (If I was really rich lol) to collect all solid numbers 1-9 with letters A-X (I think X is the highest on US notes) otherswise Z. So basically A11111111A A22222222A through A99999999A and the move onto B11111111B to B99999999B and up to X or Z or whatever. Then start on A11111111B and so on lol. That would be many many notes worth tons of cash. And one killer of a collection!

Yes, there is a cultural differences determining the popularity of the numbers. Here is a brief breakdown from my observation.

Chinese ( HK, China, Singapore, Malaysia, North American Chinese, Worldwide Chinese ) - 888888, 333333, 999999 ( dislike 444444 and 777777, some dislike 222222 because it sounds like the Chinese pronunication "hungry" )

Indian - 444444

Philippines - 777777 ( Maybe due to American influences )

North Americans, UK, NZ, Aussies, Europeans ( Caucausians ) - 111111 and 777777 ( Jackpot Lucky Number )

There are many world collectors who collect 888888. Most of them are not genuine collectors. They are collecting them investment and resales profitability. A great collector can also one day become a seller. He or she may sell his collection away after feeling that there is no longer room for collection or expansion. I too, may sell away my entire collection. At the moment, I enjoy collecting them and aim to build the world largest collection of 555555 in rarities, varieties and countries. You don't have to be rich to do that as you can tailor your collection to your financial means. But it helps to be rich to play this game or hobby of solid number collecting.

I know of genuine world collectors who collect 111111, 333333, 777777, 123456. There are some who collect any number except 444444. If you add all of them together, there are quite a large community of them.

Indeed! Happy birthday!! But I noted that you are no longer like your banknotes - All 5's! Perhaps you will start collecting 56565656 or 5555566666 banknotes now? ;)

thedeadpoint - Thank you. I am so touch. ;)

Dave - Thank you. it's not my birthday number that I am collecting. My first solid happened to be a Singapore $1000 555555 about 20 years ago. That's how I got started. Coincidentally, 7 years ago, my son was born on the 5th. ;)

Oops...belated Merry Christmas to everyone here. ;)

Happy New Year 2007 ! :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
that brings up a good question. what is the going price difference between a supersolid and a note with only one deviant number?

In fact, whether it is a solid or super solid, the prices varies and depend on demand ans supply. There is no fixed price for these scarce notes. As to your question on the pirce differences between a supersolid and a note with only one deviant number, there is a still a big difference in price. Near solid numbers can still be classified under normal type of solid number. Again, it all depends on demand and supply.

• 2 weeks later...
See! Where did you go?! I miss your frequent posting in your very own thread (this one)!

Did not acquire any new notes lately. Busy working on my own website ( www.notepassion.com ) and my own forum. :ninja: That translated to less activity on this thread. ;)

Nice note, glad to see you finally back here.

Whoever that guy is, I bet he didn't have much of a sense of humor.

With due respect to all Thai people, he is the well-liked Thailand King in his younger days. A very well-respected king in Thailand. Even with the chaotic happening recently in Thailand, the people still listen and fully respect their King. Thailand is the only country in South-East Asia that was not occupied by the Japanese Occupation during the World War II. The Thai King is a very gentle man. The last time I was in Thailand was in 1990. A beautiful country with excellent beaches. I will visit the country again some day with my family. :ninja:

Can anyone help me get info about this two notes first note the name of the monument and name of the bridge on the second note? Thank you.

first note : camcamb100front.jpg

second note: camcamb500back.jpg

100 - Independence Monument Phnom Penh.

http://asiaforvisitors.com/cambodia/pp/ind...ment/index.html

500 - Bridge across the Mekong river at Kampong Cham.

Thank you akdrv..the info was very use full to me. ;):ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

Additions under the World Solid Number Collection.

Venezuela - http://www.notepassion.com/NP-BN-WS-555555-Venezuela.html ( Earlier only image cover created and noted here.

Italy - http://www.notepassion.com/NP-BN-WS-555555-Italy.html

Antarctica - http://www.notepassion.com/NP-BN-WS-555555-Antarctica.html

Cyprus - http://www.notepassion.com/NP-BN-WS-555555-Cyprus.html

More to come.... :ninja:

Archived