CoinPeople.com

How much did you pay for a 2006 SAE?

bobbycoin

I was watching the HSN coin show (get the laughs out now) the other night and saw them selling 2006 SAEs for $25 + shipping... 1.. let me bold that and make it larger 1 Silver American Eagle with the usual 1 oz of silver for $25 US Dollars. I was stunned! but not suprised as I had seen them overcharge for coins in the past.

Littleton has them for $15.95 on thier website.

On Ebay they seem to be going for about $10-$15 + shipping. The graded ones going for about $20 + shipping.

I had an add that ended Jan 31st (I didnt know it ended so soon or I would have posted it here :ninja: ) and was able to buy 5 for $8.95 each with no shipping charge and they threw in a set (2 coins) of 2005 nickles.

How about you? Find any good deals on the 2006 SAEs?

-Bobby

Littleton has them for $15.95 on thier website.

I had an add that ended Jan 31st (I didnt know it ended so soon or I would have posted it here  :lol: ) and was able to buy 5 for $8.95 each with no shipping charge and they threw in a set (2 coins) of 2005 nickles.

How about you? Find any good deals on the 2006 SAEs?

-Bobby

Bobby, the ad was for Littleton right?

I did that two years ago and bought five from them, and they sent the nickels (Peace medal and Keelboat at the time). Thought it was a good deal, until...

Coins just showed up in my mailbox at about 2.5 times going rate. All I had to do was keep it and pay the huge markup :ninja:

I opted out of that program real fast. I went back to the original ad, and sure enough, in small print it stated that by participating in this promotional, that you were agreeing to be automatically signed up to Littleton's subscription service.

Got to read everything! :cry:

Nice catch! :ninja: Thats under spot currently

-Bobby

Yup! I have dad searching on there all the time now (since he got moved from 60+ hours to only 40 hours). Told him any SAE he can get for $9 and under buy for me. Worst comes to worst....I sell for a very small profit.

Bobby, the ad was for Littleton right?

I did that two years ago and bought five from them, and they sent the nickels (Peace medal and Keelboat at the time). Thought it was a good deal, until...

Coins just showed up in my mailbox at about 2.5 times going rate. All I had to do was keep it and pay the huge markup  :ninja:

I opted out of that program real fast. I went back to the original ad, and sure enough, in small print it stated that by participating in this promotional, that you were agreeing to be automatically signed up to Littleton's subscription service.

Got to read everything! :cry:

Good point and I forgot to mention that, im glad you did. I actualy found an ad 2 years ago in a Baby magazine, when I was at an appointment while Sugar was pregnant, for the 2004s. I ripped it out and sent it off ordering 2. I knew I was signing up for the monthly "subscription" but I looked into littleton and canceling seemed and turned out to be quite easy. They actually give you the return envolope postage paid. So I kept my coins and sent back the others with a notice to cancel. That was that.

I plan on doing the same when these come.

Oh man the memories... this was when I was just getting back into coin collecting... I made the mistake of calling them "Peace" dollars ;)Ha! My post on cointalk is still there :lol:. I was given the advice:

I would suggest that you do a thread search for "Littleton". There have been a lot of opinions expressed about that company and you may find them very informative.

That is great advice and I suggest it to everyone that mentions Littleton now. They do overcharge but sometimes you can catch a great deal.

-Bobby

Archived