CoinPeople.com

Well, did anyone win a Reiver coin yet?

AuldFartte

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://coins.heritagegalleries.com/common/...91&Lot_No=28340

Here's mine. I think that I did well on this one. The price is inline with what I would have paid for an unslabbed coin in this condition, for this year and variety. Frankly it's less than I had anticipated paying. I will keep this one in the slab.

Interestingly the website says that the auction is still open and will complete as part of the online bidding tonight. BUT I've already gotten a confirmation from Heritage that I won the item and an link to pay the invoice.

http://coins.heritagegalleries.com/common/...91&Lot_No=28340

Here's mine. I think that I did well on this one. The price is inline with what I would have paid for an unslabbed coin in this condition, for this year and variety. Frankly it's less than I had anticipated paying. I will keep this one in the slab.

[interestingly the website says that the auction is still open and will complete as part of the online bidding tonight. BUT I've already gotten a confirmation from Heritage that I won the item and an link to pay the invoice.

]

The clock is still going on that lot.10 hours or so. If you recieved your invoice I guess the coin is yours.Nice coin too.

The clock is still going on that lot.10 hours or so. If you recieved your invoice I guess the coin is yours.Nice coin too.

I just talked to the Heritage folks. They said that for some reason the bidding was reopened on that lot. I've already paid for it and have a receipt and everything. The lady is investigating.

I just talked to the Heritage folks. They said that for some reason the bidding was reopened on that lot. I've already paid for it and have a receipt and everything. The lady is investigating.

That is weird. I still show that lot open to bidding as well as Stu62's lot. This could be a big mess for Heritage!

BTW - I like both your coins!

GPNYC is right  my lot is opened also! I paid for it and printed out the reicipt. Gee I always say how happy I am with Heritage.What is going on?!!!

Certainly appears that they have a problem. I'm going to feel terrible if:

1) I get outbid on the coin

2) If "somehow" the price gets run-up. I know that it doesn't make sense but I'm the kind of person who will forever feel cheated and so I won't want anything to do with the coin. I think I'll call Heritage and cancel my bid.

I am glad I am not the only one who had to ask that question! After seeing the article I know now, but what is so special about them? Why pay big bucks for them?

Same reason people would collect autographed baseballs/bats/helmets/etc. The name is basically what you are paying for above the normal coin price.

I guess in 3 hours or this mystery of the reopened lots will be solved.My invoice is no longer posted on the My Heritage feature. If I lose the coin so be it.If they charge my credit card I will lose self control.

Hope you guys both got your lots.

Of course I had to use this extra day of bidding to start a collection of Draped Bust Large Cents. I pulled the trigger on a nice run of low grade copper:

1797 G-4

1798 AG-3

1800/1798 FA-2

1801 AG-3

1802 G-4

I don't know if I got mine. The website says that I won - but it said that yesterday. I got one email saying they would return my initial payment and that I'd have to pay the new invoice. I got another eamail saying that they'd hold the money from the first invoice and I could use it for future purchases. UGH!

Fortunately it was a charge card rather than a direct payment. I'm really hoping that I got it.

Hope you guys both got your lots.

Of course I had to use this extra day of bidding to start a collection of Draped Bust Large Cents.  I pulled the trigger on a nice run of low grade copper:

1797 G-4

1798 AG-3

1800/1798 FA-2

1801 AG-3

1802 G-4

Congratulations -- very nice coins.

I reicieved a new winner notice , when I went to the invoice page the invoice was closed-paid.Alls well that ends well.Art I hope you get your coin.GPNYC I'm glad you used this to your advantage, way to go.

I reicieved a new winner notice , when I went to the invoice page the invoice was closed-paid.Alls well that ends well.Art I hope you get your coin.GPNYC I'm glad you used this to your advantage, way to go.

Ditto.

Good for you guys. I'm glad it didn't turn into a bad experience for either of you.

I've always wanted to do a low-grade, no problem date set of Draped Bust Large Cents. This was a really good opportunity to get a head start. There's just something about these well-worn hunks of copper, isn't that right Art?

Good for you guys.  I'm glad it didn't turn into a bad experience for either of you.

I've always wanted to do a low-grade, no problem date set of Draped Bust Large Cents.  This was a really good opportunity to get a head start.  There's just something about these well-worn hunks of copper, isn't that right Art?

I love the coppers and especially the worn ones. My late date set of LC runs from g4 to AU55. Most are in the vg to f range. I picked that grade because of cost and the ability to learn how to grade via EAC standards and to do variety attribution. If I every get really serious about the early dates, I'm sure that G will be the top of the line grade for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Reiver coin. I'll have to photograph it and post some pics.

It's lot #28340 1839 w/head of 1838 N-3 XF45 NGC. It's very nice.

Archived