CoinPeople.com

Best Coin You Have Lost

Scottishmoney

oh an locked in my cupboard near my bed ;) an my window is blocked by my huge tv an everthin stand an cupboard ;) so no 1 can climb in an if they do my dog hears everythin xD an if shes not there my parents work at night an come home around 1 am or 3 am ;) an stay awake till 4 or somethin an 4.30 the sun comes out ;) an plus theifs are afraid of my dad ...he looks like vin diesel but more muscles an bigger an did alot of martial arts ^_^ lol he actually chased 2 robbers before ..... they were tryin 2 steal our basket ball ring which is out side our house :D oh an a minister of somethin lives near us has a police man out side near his house its right near our house so he can see anythin :D .....i think my collection is pretty safe :ninja: ....an 2 think i wanted a safe ?!?!?!

I know I have done something stupid like spend a coin I found in circulation, but I can't think of what they were.

Only thing recently is something sent to me in the mail never arrived. Oh well, stuff happens.

When it comes to losing stuff, I am so anal - for example I collected "Treasure Rocks" and logged every type and color of "rock" I "revealed". Haven't lost one. Now think about those hunks of plastic vs. my pretties...

A 1580 Austrian Thaler, I've mentioned this one before, stolen from me years ago. If I ever find out who took it, well....let's just say I better not find out.

Don't think I've ever lost anything significant. I've misplaced things for a few years but they have always showed up.

I didn't take out a loan once when an authenticated box of medals carried by Napoleon on the battlefield of Waterloo was offered to me for $2500 by Superior here in LA. Never did find out who got it but it had been looted from Nap's carriage after the battle and passed down through an English family. Sigh...

I lost all the coins I collected in my early teens. I have no idea what happened to them at all. None of them were particularly valuable, but it was something I put a lot of time into in the early to mid-1970s. I guess the education I received while collecting back then is what has lasted.

I have only lost one so fay, and I've been at this hobby for about 5 months, luckily for me it was only a modern-day North Korea coin - 'a one won' I think so not much in value terms.

......but alas it probably is in some landfill somewhere

But look on the bright side - it will probably be found be some elated metal-detectorist in the distant future! :ninja:

Or maybe that's not good.. ;)

I really hate to remember this but not lost, but I think I would have preferred loosing a coin compared to this. At a coin show I found a 1921S Lincoln Cent in the most perfect condition any coin was ever in. It was raw but well could have been a MS-66. Regardless I knew the dealer and he said for me I could have it for $100, not sure but I think that was the price. Naturally I purchased it. At home I wanted to take it out of the 2x2 which was stapled together and put it in an album. I had a bad habit of usuing a sharp screwdriver to lift the staples up. The screwdriver slipped. Ran accross the face of Lincoln leaving a scratch that may as well been a foot deep.

I really hate to remember this but not lost, but I think I would have preferred loosing a coin compared to this. At a coin show I found a 1921S Lincoln Cent in the most perfect condition any coin was ever in. It was raw but well could have been a MS-66. Regardless I knew the dealer and he said for me I could have it for $100, not sure but I think that was the price. Naturally I purchased it. At home I wanted to take it out of the 2x2 which was stapled together and put it in an album. I had a bad habit of usuing a sharp screwdriver to lift the staples up. The screwdriver slipped. Ran accross the face of Lincoln leaving a scratch that may as well been a foot deep.

poor abe :ninja:

My house was broken into the weekend between Christmas and New Years 1981. I lost some stuff I had sitting on my desk. Some Morgan Dollars, rolls of wheaties and My Moms Whittman penny collection plus some coins a friend had given me to look thru as possable trades. I got the rolled wheaties back when they were cashed in at a local convenient store. The clerk couldn't identify the kid but I know who it was but couldn't prove it. Last I heard he was in jail for auto theft.

I used to do the same thing, except with a small blade/knife. I've damaged two coins this way. I stopped doing that. Now, I say screw it, I'll never reuse the 2X2 so I'll just cut the plastic holding in the coin and the coin is easily removed unharmed.