CoinPeople.com

This is how I end up with duplicates.

Guest Stujoe

So, I posted yesterday that I bought 3 SLQ's at the show. This is how it went.

There were 4 SLQ's in this dealer's box that I liked: 2 1925's, a 1926 and a 1929. I took all 4 of them out of the box, put a loupe to them and chose the 1925 that I liked best. I set it aside and put the other 1925 back in the box. I also kept the 1926 and the 1929. Or so I thought.

Apparently, what I really did was that I kept both 1925's and the 1926 and put the 1929 back in the box. Now, that is bad enough. But today when I went to put the coins in my binders, I realized that I had mismarked my list in the first place and I did not need a 1925 at all! So, I ended up buying not one, but two, 1925 SLQ's that I did not need!

This is how I end up with duplicates! :ninja:

I know the feeling! I bid on eBay for a Flight Simulator ( OK! an old man's fancy) and didn't keep close tabs on the list. When an auction finishes, the item is removed from your 'watch list' and goes down to the end of the list. Two identical Flight simulators were offered. and when I bid on the first I won, but didn't notice it had gone and the second one was at the top. Yes! I did! I bid on that and won! Duplicates just keep coming! :ninja:

I used to do that all the time with baseball cards. I'd come home and find I already had that card (or maybe more of them!).

Good thing I did that with a few of these rookie cards. Barry Bonds, Griffey (as worthless as he is now), and Sosa.

I know the feeling! I bid on eBay for a Flight Simulator ( OK! an old man's fancy) and didn't keep close tabs on the list. When an auction finishes, the item is removed from your 'watch list' and goes down to the end of the list. Two identical Flight simulators were offered. and when I bid on the first I won, but didn't notice it had gone and the second one was at the top. Yes! I did! I bid on that and won! Duplicates just keep coming! :ninja:

Now you have more flight simulators like Albanian Air Force! ;)

No way are you alone, man. Just wait 'til you're my age. You'll get a lot more dupes than you have right now !!!

Well, don't tell anybody... but I have bought so many '84-O Morgans that I was in danger of having a roll of them. Who knows why those jump out at me when I see them, but they do and I buy them.

Well, don't tell anybody... but I have bought so many '84-O Morgans that I was in danger of having a roll of them.  Who knows why those jump out at me when I see them, but they do and I buy them.

Man am I glad you fessed up to that one ;) I thought I was the only nut.

The only diff is I got a thing for 78's. :ninja:

Archived