CoinPeople.com

I am taking the Type Set Album plunge

Guest Stujoe

Way to go, Stu :ninja:

You'll enjoy it.

For the US, it was $18.17 for the basic album but I added the extra update page($3.78) and a corrosion inhibiting case for it ($7.37). Then add shipping.

Not sure if those are the best prices around but I bought it from a place I have dealt with, like and trust.

For the US, it was $18.17 for the basic album but I added the extra update page($3.78) and a corrosion inhibiting case for it ($7.37). Then add shipping.

Is the update page for the state quarters and new nickels?

I have enough extra US coins from the 20th century that I thik I could get a decent start on one. I have been thinking about it. I just assumed that the whole package would be $50+, but that price does not sound too prohibitive.

The update page is just:

3 ports for bicentennial (quarter, half and Ike dollar) Susan B. Anthony, Sacagawea, statehood quarter (1 specimen), commemorative (83 to date one specimen) and Silver Eagle 1986 to date (one specimen)

All of it with shipping was $37, I think. I ordered mine from Brent-Krueger but shipping from them to you would be like 75-80 dollars. :ninja:

I purchased the very simple Whitman 20th century folder last night...I just dug through my boxes and found 90% of the folder, with a few I would like to upgrade. I have been interested in upgrading to a nice album from the folders...do you all mostly recommend Dansco? I know there are several big ones out there.

-Robert

BTW: Here is a filled album (plus the gold which I do not plan to do)

http://w2up.home.mindspring.com/dansco_7070/type_set.htm

Broadband Connection Recommended. :ninja:

That's a beautiful collection - I remember seeing it earlier.

Congrats (or condolences) on getting the album Stu.

I *do* like that Dansco and I am happy to report that I would not have too many holes (minus the Gold) if I were to get one, but I hate the idea of having the types "prefab", so to speak. Still, that makes one heck of a nice collection when completed.

I love putting together type sets.....some of my customers right now are putting together type sets...and they bring them in and we work on them together....I just went to a coin show today and picked up some twenty cent peices for their sets...I keep trying to get a personal one together but my guys keep seeing it and want the coins I have in it....ohh well I guess i will just help them!

Congrats Stujoe. The Dansco type set is a terrific album. I'm hoping that they will come out with an update page for the new nickels. Perhaps next year.

That's a beautiful collection - I remember seeing it earlier. 

Congrats (or condolences) on getting the album Stu.

I *do* like that Dansco and I am happy to report that I would not have too many holes (minus the Gold) if I were to get one, but I hate the idea of having the types "prefab", so to speak. 

Thanks and I am not sure if it is congrats or condolences yet either. :ninja:

The 'prefab' aspect is the same reason why I have never done an album before. However, with my type set, I know I will never have a 'full' Type set of US coins back to 1792. This album is doable, though, over time. I have a lot of the coins already (although a few I want to replace), but the remaining ones will be more than challenging enough to occupy my time.

This album is really nice! Even my crappy coins look good in it. :ninja:

I may actually be a convert to these Danso albums. I have always stayed away from albums because my collections won't go in a standards album. But, they have ones with unlabeled ports where you can build your own album and I am thinking of slowly migrating my collections into them.

• 2 weeks later...
This album is really nice! Even my crappy coins look good in it. ;)

I may actually be a convert to these Danso albums. I have always stayed away from albums because my collections won't go in a standards album. But, they have ones with unlabeled ports where you can build your own album and I am thinking of slowly migrating my collections into them.

You got hooked! :ninja: Same thing happened to me!

I just picked up a Washington Carver commem for the type set. (I like the USA reverse for a US Type set). The other classic commem will be a Columbian (the first classic half). Then I will add a '82 Washington (first modern). Not sure what the other modern will be yet.

Archived