CoinPeople.com

Some Sincona 7 Results

alexbq2

Alexbg2,

Please send me lot number.for 1755.

I was winner for Lot #286 (better then image online) coin with nice mint luster and original toning.

Looks like all lots with incl. number 1771 sold to buyers in the room.

Rarenum

Interesting my bid through Sixbid for 1771 was 10 CHF more than what it sold for. Maybe it nether got to Sincona.

The 1755 kopeek is lot 288.

Congrats on 286 a very worthy coin!

Thank you.

You should check with Sincona.It was some requirements to process your bids ,you should provide references from other auction houses...,your passport ...special request for red(highest)lots.

Lot 288 sold for 3400.00,I don't know the bidder number.Some winners for lots was listed in German.

The lot I was bidding on 1771 sold for 250 CHF, I entered my bid and got a confirmation from Sixbid, but no one contacted me past that. Maybe it didn't work.

At any rate this lot was advertised to have an 1811 SBP denga in it - which I want. But it was impossible to confirm from picture, so I think it may have been a typo.

• 1 month later...

The lot I was bidding on 1771 sold for 250 CHF, I entered my bid and got a confirmation from Sixbid, but no one contacted me past that. Maybe it didn't work.

At any rate this lot was advertised to have an 1811 SBP denga in it - which I want. But it was impossible to confirm from picture, so I think it may have been a typo.

Just got an email from Michael Hardmeier presumably of Sincona, wondering why I have not payed them for lot 1771. I guess I won it after all!!!

That's the first time I've heard from anyone at Sincona!

I got my Sincona package in the mail today! It looked like a Russian nested doll. Envelope inside of the envelop inside of an envelope - 5 envelopes total!

What's interesting is that I got my first notification from Sincona by email on the 28th. But the package was mailed on the 26th!!! :crazy:

At any rate I am quite happy with my new acquisition:

1014826.jpg

Very nice addition to your lovely collection Alex ;) Well done! Congrats!

Here is a little article on the subject of this auction:

http://coinsweekly.c...ion/10?&id=1153

And here the auction items with results:

http://www.sixbid.com/browse.html?auction=465

Very nice addition to your lovely collection Alex ;) Well done! Congrats!

Here is a little article on the subject of this auction:

http://coinsweekly.c...ion/10?&id=1153

I was trying to get them to ship the auction catalog with the lot, but it turned out they shipped the lot not just before I paid for it, but before I knew that I won!?

I will probably fork over the $60 they want for the catalog.

It's amazing Alex! : ) I've ever posted coins before I got paid only to people I knew very well. They must trust you already! I also can not find a catalog to download, just this incomplete preview https://www.sincona....asp?auctionID=8, the six-bids link or a very short version in PDF where they listed only a handful of the most improtant coins (available on their site). If anyone finds a soft (electoronic) version of this auction catalog, please let me know!

How about this one for an unsold coin?

770081.jpg

(from Auction 6)

I think good coins will sell well at any semi-known auction. There was a sale in taly a few days ago with a few of ex-UBS 6 Sodermann gold coins. They did very well. Kunker is a good venue. At Sincona you will be competing with the collection they will be selling for the next few years, and your coins would not be offered on the same days, so the crowd you are hoping for will not be there.