• 1 month later...
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Siberian 10 kopeeks 1767 with lettered edge just sold for over 2000 euro!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160891069760

Very surprising considering how murky the photos are. Coin might be corroded.

Yes, it might be corroded (but evenly). The monogram side crown is unusually sharp. The value side is from exactly the same defective die as the Bakken coin, sold in Munich abt. 2 years ago at EURO 1600 plus gravy. I have no doubt about genuineness.

As it is the only one of the Siberian 10 kop. still missing with me, I wanted it badly. :drool:

I was crazy enough to bid EURO 2020,07. But someone else went even higher. Who knows how much he bade - according to eBay's rules he got it it at just EURO 10 over my bid.

I don't know what to say. I still don't have the coin :(

but I saved that heap of money I don't really have aside to spend for a coin.

And maybe the coin is even uglier than on the poor pictures...... :grin:

Sigi

• 3 weeks later...

His (or Her?) Photography skills are quite impressive, in addition to some fine coins. I have had some luck there... but not alot.

That's him. "His" coins go for a really high price... but mostly they worth it (apart from 20th century silver in unc, that you can find anywhere)... He must have a little studio set up and sell coins for others, like a little business. I am impressed by his set up. I'd like to replicate it (setting my own little studio), but the coin supply in Australia is a bit different...

Yes, it might be corroded (but evenly). The monogram side crown is unusually sharp. The value side is from exactly the same defective die as the Bakken coin, sold in Munich abt. 2 years ago at EURO 1600 plus gravy. I have no doubt about genuineness.

As it is the only one of the Siberian 10 kop. still missing with me, I wanted it badly. :drool:

I was crazy enough to bid EURO 2020,07. But someone else went even higher. Who knows how much he bade - according to eBay's rules he got it it at just EURO 10 over my bid.

I don't know what to say. I still don't have the coin :(

but I saved that heap of money I don't really have aside to spend for a coin.

And maybe the coin is even uglier than on the poor pictures...... :grin:

Sigi

I bought this one (1766): http://www.ebay.com....=item2576dae9b9

The 1767 is in good condition I think. If you play with that image you can see it has nice grinish patina, but the foto on eBay is horrible, I agree... Still $2500 for it was a little too much I think! I'm sure you will find another one, possibly cheaper and in better condition... Good luck!

I bought this one (1766): http://www.ebay.com....=item2576dae9b9

The 1767 is in good condition I think. If you play with that image you can see it has nice grinish patina, but the foto on eBay is horrible, I agree... Still $2500 for it was a little too much I think! I'm sure you will find another one, possibly cheaper and in better condition... Good luck!

Congrats on the 1766!

I have a question for the ebay users here....

have you noticed the * (wildcard ) search function has been shut down by ebay, on purpose? Has anyone found a work around?

:sorry:

Unfortunately not... and it is driving me crazy!!! :elephant: I wrote to them, but no reply. This is absolutely ridiculous. They expect us to put all the years in now, but the thing is that the search engine has the character limit and all dates for Imperial Russia do not fit... :crazy: I tried! ... Write to them, the more complaints they receive the more chance they will do something about it. ... For now, I just scan all coins for (Russia,russian,russland) etc... They fail us again! How can their marketing do these changes without consultations with users? eBay management has always been a mystery to me and still is... This is stupid, but for now we stuck with spending 100's of hours more per month scanning through their list. I think I will take a break soon from that... Just chill at the beach and let all these worries wash off... ;) and then take my business somewhere else, if they don't want it... Until they start loosing money they will do whatever they want, I'm afraid.