CoinPeople.com

Follow the leader

Art

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm confused. A wild card means it can match anything correct? Just responding since it seems the post above was directed at a token I put up. :ninja:;)

Maybe we need a few clarifications.

One thing too. 3) US coins, world coins, medals, tokens, notes, as long as the date and series are clearly visible.

No date drops out a few of the coins already listed also. And is it a series if it has someone seated or has a bust?

I think if we police this too much it might take the fun out of it.

937762.jpg

Okay, I'm confused. A wild card means it can match anything correct? Just responding since it seems the post above was directed at a token I put up. :ninja:;)

Maybe we need a few clarifications.

One thing too. 3) US coins, world coins, medals, tokens, notes, as long as the date and series are clearly visible.

No date drops out a few of the coins already listed also. And is it a series if it has someone seated or has a bust?

I think if we police this too much it might take the fun out of it.

937762.jpg

How about if we just have no wildcards, and instead post coins that either match the previous post in year, design themes (eagle, Liberty, sword, rifle, symbol, etc etc.) or denomination (so for the 1893 Morgan, another $1 US coin can be posted of any year)? Maybe that would work better? The wildcards I think take the fun out of things... it would be fun to see a chain of interconnected coins, not interrupted by randomness maybe?

A little clarification. I agree that the whole idea is to have fun. The thread seems to work quite well on the site from which I copied the idea. BUT the rules they are playing by don't seem to fit the general mode of doing things here. That said I'm inclined to say that too much policing is not at all in the spirit of this thread.

So..

1- Wild cards should stay in. A wild card is a token, medal, script, order, etc. that can be played because it has a date that matches the previously posted item.

2 - The wild card allows the next player to post whatever he/she desires including another wild card. A player can use the wild card to change the series to something they want by posting the wild card and then quickly posting their next choice.

3 - Posts should follow in series (ie Lincoln cents following Lincoln cents; 6d Victoria following 6d Victoria; etc.) or date.

4 - Following with design elements wasn't part of the original concept but if you all like it and want to do it - go for it.

I would hate to see the thread turned into a "post whatever you want" thing. I believe it would die very quickly should that happen.

Have fun.

I don't have a pic of my Peace Dollar nor do I have a pic of one of my coins dated 1928. So I'll pass.

Archived