CoinPeople.com

Follow the leader

Art

This is a thread that's going on at another site. It's fun and I figured it might get some folks posting here.

The rules:

1) The item must be from your collection.

2) Follow the previous item by the same series or date.

3) US coins, world coins, medals, tokens, notes, as long as the date and series are clearly visible.

4) Tokens and medals are wild cards and the next poster can post whatever they wish.

Have fun.

Here's the starter.

4279764234_386940ddc9_o.jpg4279020353_03cf7bdec4_o.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I was pricing Jeffs at my LCS on Friday... I think I'm gonna go for an all uncirculated set. It was the coin I started on, way back in the early/mid 1970s. Meanwhile, I think I'll go ahead and match your denomination, mint mark, and overall series, but dial it back a few decades.

981410.jpg

1893 - whoops. ScottO continues with 1899.

What the hell are you talking about? It's an 1899 half eagle. You post one date of half eagle, I post a different date of that type, then Scott O posts a different type of the same date. I don't see the problem according to the rules.

The 1899 is 1899, but the image kinda looks like 1893. So, to continue the controversy, I'll through in my own seated figure (is it liberty????????, can't tell because its 35 B.C.):

909323.jpg

What the hell are you talking about? It's an 1899 half eagle. You post one date of half eagle, I post a different date of that type, then Scott O posts a different type of the same date. I don't see the problem according to the rules.

hahaha that's not my half eagle, is it! I guess jtryka slipped his in and I didn't realize it. I saw the half eagle and thought it was mine and mislabeled. I didn't even think that two half eagles with similar dates could be posted within 10 minutes of each other.

Medals & tokens allow the next poster to play any card, but they themselves should be played in acordance with rule 2 "Follow the previous item by the same series or date" shouldn't they? You cannot just play a medal or token as a wild card without following either the previous series or date, or can you? as it appears some have done.

Medals & tokens allow the next poster to play any card, but they themselves should be played in acordance with rule 2 "Follow the previous item by the same series or date" shouldn't they? You cannot just play a medal or token as a wild card without following either the previous series or date, or can you? as it appears some have done.

I agree that a wildcard should be playable only if it follows the previous item in some way.

Picking up from Bill's ancient seated, I'll play another seated

980357.jpg

hahaha that's not my half eagle, is it! I guess jtryka slipped his in and I didn't realize it. I saw the half eagle and thought it was mine and mislabeled. I didn't even think that two half eagles with similar dates could be posted within 10 minutes of each other.

You know I don't have that many types with photos I can link quickly, so this should be no surprise at all! LOL

PS - Try posting any gold type and see how quickly I can turn it!

I agree that a wildcard should be playable only if it follows the previous item in some way.

Picking up from Bill's ancient seated, I'll play another seated

980357.jpg

Nice play. I'll return us to more modern times (and a wildcard) with a bearded, military-politico bust:

964503.jpg

Archived