CoinPeople.com

Gree coins genuine?

NumisMattic2200

• 3 months later...
They always seem to say fake - they turned out to be both genuine, just a little worn that's all...

I must confess to being a bit miffed by what looks to me to be an offhand comment.

What do you mean by `they always seem to say fake'? Who always seems to say fake?

On the other hand, who in fact has confirmed these particular pieces as being genuine and on what basis? If you had shown the edge, it would have been possible to confirm whether or not they had been cast. If you had provided the weight, it would have been possible to determine if they were too light (or indeed too heavy) to be genuine.

Did you ever in fact get these items weighed as I had asked of you previously? While not a sure fire way of determining authenticity, it is a good indicator in this case.

It would perhaps be a bit more gracious of you to feed some knowledge back into the forum you have sought opinion from rather than making it a one way street.

Ian

ROFL!!

And Ian, do grow up, old man! hahaha... :ninja:

Well son, it's true. I'm fully grown both physically and intellectually. I'm just be lacking the patience for you to do the same.

I've seen fakes sell on ebay for many hundreds of $'s. I've also seen doggies sell for anything between $5 and $85. Some real, some not. Let's face it, ebay has become quite the highway for entering fakes onto the market. Not only fakes from China but also from Eastern Europe and the Middle East.

I've also seen fakes that have passed the so called `experts'....struck using original coins as blanks. Mind you that technique is mainly used to counterfeit something more worthwhile counterfeiting than an Alex III drachm. There are all sorts of tricks that modern counterfeiting uses, not the least of which is to make a coin look `just worn'.

So, in terms of the questions you are dodging....who are all these people you mention who always seem to say `fake'? Why don't you pass on to us how you managed to determine these to be real? What were the determining factors? That you managed to sell it on ebay??????? LOL Give me a break!!! How about `sharing' your knowledge on this issue eh? Enquiring minds want to know. ;).

I never wonder if coins like these find a buyer on the *bay. There is enough incompetence and greed.

Definitely i will never want items like these if there is any doubt. There are always enough verifiably genuine coins on all the markets.

And many with guarantee to get the money back if something is wrong or even if you don´t like the item.

I am not saying they are fake, but I wouldnt bet my money on these. :ninja:

Nor am I, but If I were looking to buy I would still be asking the same questions I have asked and sure as heck wouldn't buy without the right answers. There are far better examples around with less risk associated shall we say. ;)

Archived