CoinPeople.com

horrible design choice...

San_Miguel98

Oh There Is the Fake Note

Gee SM98 I have that Excat Same type of Bill up For Auction But Mine is The real thing

Anyway i Like The New Philippine Money better Then The Old Central bank money

Still have Some Notes And Coins From the Central bank before they Went bankrupt

Gee SM98 I have that Excat Same type of Bill up For Auction But Mine is The real thing 

Can you please alight me to this statement about the bank being bankrupt.

I looked at this site after seeing the first post:

Phillipine Central Bank

Where it mentions that all pre 1998 banknotes were demonetized, this was a result of the bankruptcy you mention?

I guess all my old 1920's era notes are worthless now.

what fake note are you talking about? :ninja:

Where it mentions that all pre 1998 banknotes were demonetized, this was a result of the bankruptcy you mention?

no, it's just a bank policy.

SECTION 57.  Retirement of Old Notes and Coins. — The Bangko Sentral may call in for replacement notes of any series or denomination which are more than five (5) years old and coins which are more than (10) years old.

Notes and coins called in for replacement in accordance with this provision shall remain legal tender for a period of one (1) year from the date of call. After this period, they shall cease to be legal tender but during the following year, or for such longer period as the Monetary Board may determine, they may be exchanged at par and without charge in the Bangko Sentral and by agents duly authorized by the Bangko Sentral for this purpose. After the expiration of this latter period, the notes and coins which have not been exchanged shall cease to be a liability of the Bangko Sentral and shall be demonetized.  The Bangko Sentral shall also demonetize all notes and coins which have been called in and replaced.

stock markets crash and economies crumble, but i don't think there's such a thing as a national bank going bankrupt. i think the proper term is "national deficit".

the u.n. microcredit guys claim:

the logo best represents the spirit of what microcredit is all about -- a growing and powerful movement that has been making giant leaps forward. The logo depicts power, movement, and speed, each emanating from a strong core -- all descriptive elements of microcredit and where it stands in today's world. We also believe the logo, as a standalone design, will live on to be a strong visual symbol of the Year, long after the year is history. If used properly, it will be memorable and people will see it and know that it is about microcredit and microfinance

well...they're definitely right about the memorable part. years from now, i'll still be laughing at it.

Well The Sentral bank No longer Exist It Went Under In The early 1990's

The Govt Replaced The Sental bank With the Central bank

Maybe bankrupt Was not the Right Word

The Note You have Is the Same one I have SM98 Same Year,Color And Such

Where Did You Get your Note SM98? :ninja:

Here's Mine SM98

gallery_23_3_1136.jpg

I traded some of those notes with a Philippine friend some months ago, they are not so bad in person, in fact I like them :ninja:

I think I still have 1 or 2 doubles if someone is interested.

just to clarify, i didn't mean the phillipine 20 peso note was horribly designed. i'm talking about the brand new commemorative note issued for the united nations year of microcredit. compared to other commemoratives, like

armenia, scotland, or even disneyland, all this note gets is a big scribble.

Image1-vi.jpg

i like the regular note too. unfortunately, the philippines isn't very creative when it comes to commemoratives. all they do is print a special graphic/text on the margin of their regular notes. oh well. at least they make an effort, unlike the u.s., who'd rather mint thousands of different coin designs (quarters, nickels, soon dollars & bullion) instead of printing a special banknote.

heheh...i like the shield on the right too. i have a variant of it on my little banner below. :ninja:

Archived