Big Copper Auction in Russia

STEVE MOULDING

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now online, more than 800 lots.

http://www.adacoins.ru/catalog.php

;)

serious selection, looked at it yesterday, I wish it would be in Moscow but over here in Vermont :ninja:

WAG has not so much but also certain amount of coppers.... ;)

Question, I was randomly checking out the photo and it's about lot 480. Is it an overdate of 93/2/0 or maybe I'm dreaming? :ninja:

3/2 yes. It's a signature of the 1793 no-mint Denga (almost all have it). 2/0 I don't see and haven't seen in the past.

I also like how they do their edging - can never figure out how it's done. ;)

Yes...it's a high quality site in general (presentation and of course coins) ;)

Steve

Question, I was randomly checking out the photo and it's about lot 480. Is it an overdate of 93/2/0 or maybe I'm dreaming? ;)

I also like how they do their edging - can never figure out how it's done. ;)

so far what I can see is that 93/2... :ninja:

which line do you think is a crucial for you to assume that there is zero...blue little horizont one looks like scratch?...

about its edge making - I am just gessing but i think they put a coin on spin object and shot it...

or they shot its edge partially and then stitch each part in photoshop, after using animating program you can watch the whole edge using left and right triangel... ;)

This is what I'm having trouble with:

1793dengafp0.png

I can easily agree with 3/2 but it's difficult to disregard that there is another possibility of something is there. The bluish hue which I outlined in red dots seems that something was there in the past.

yes that area, but it is hard to say seeing a pic only...

auction preview over there can help...

Too bad we can't get anything out of russia.

but we can enjoy an on-line catalog :ninja:

or its printed version if you can get it ;)

At the New York International coin show Mr. Gorny mentioned that he will have in his spring auction a copper collection of Tom Willie Baken (I am sure I misspelled his name) - the guy who helped Brekke to write a supplement in 1997. Should be interesting...

At the New York International coin show Mr. Gorny mentioned that he will have in his spring auction a copper collection of Tom Willie Baken (I am sure I misspelled his name) - the guy who helped Brekke to write a supplement in 1997. Should be interesting...

1789 am 1/2 KOP :ninja:

Tom Willy Bakken.

RWJ

The Sestroretsk ruble is not as nice as some I have seen, and it appears to have been cleaned. But there are some nice Sadagura and Siberian coins though.

376.jpg

This coin is ex Laundry collection (among others). He was a college professor in Canada (if I remember correctly). I heard a story that he used it as a coffee coaster. :ninja:

This coin is ex Laundry collection (among others). He was a college professor in Canada (if I remember correctly). I heard a story that he used it as a coffee coaster. :ninja:

Surely he could have afforded to have a fake made of it to use as a coffee coaster. What an idiot. I like to think of myself as a temporary custodian of historical objects, and set out to take decent care of them. Obviously some don't feel the same way.

Lot #602

1811 'ENGA, starting @$30,000! :ninja:

Last couple of sales this variant brought around $75,000. Illin -- 75 rubles

This one is not the best specimen known, but nice enough. One of the very few true patterns that sometimes show up for auction. The series is possible to complete if you have the funds, except for the 1 kop large eagle, which is impossible to find.

Last couple of sales this variant brought around $75,000. Illin -- 75 rubles

This one is not the best specimen known, but nice enough. One of the very few true patterns that sometimes show up for auction. The series is possible to complete if you have the funds, except for the 1 kop large eagle, which is impossible to find.

Thanks, BKB, good info! curious to see what it fetches. :ninja:

heck of a nice collection.

Archived