CoinPeople.com

If you have a US Type Set collection, which State Quarter did/will you use?

slowly but surely

Does "nicest example" mean "best condition" or "favorite design?"

If it's favorite design, I'll go with nicest example. Not a big fan of Missouri's and am to picky to throw some random quarter in my pocket into an Airtite.

Opps again...

I had meant "Nicest Example" as "Best Condition" but I had meant to include a "Favorite Design" as well.

So we have one vote for favorite design and one vote (more or less) for whatever was within reach. I'll add my vote for home state (though I'm not a big fan of the actual CA quarter...).

Anyone else?

Tough call as most of the coins are horrid.

Idaho, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, or Alaska are the best designs in my opinion, but from an artistic standpoint....still not very well designed.

So to answer, a mix between B and C. The best example of my favorite design.

My favorite SQ is still Nevada, with Connecticut and Tenessee tied for second place. I was bidding on a silver MS70 NGC slabbed Nevada recently at Heritage but gave up when the bidding passed $100. For that kind of money I would rather have a lightly circulated Bust half or Standing Liberty quarter. Or a Swiss Shooting Medal.

$100 still buys a LOT of very nice coins.

Heck, $50 still buys a LOT of very nice coins.

I have a few slabbed ones (free from NGC when you join the Collectors Society) and they will have to do for now.

Connecticut for me. To my eyes, it's the most beautiful design of them all.

In reality, I am just using whatever is handy. In principle, if I were to go Dansco, for example, it would be a toss up between the first issue and my home state or maybe my birth state. As far as condition, pretty proofs are plentiful for just a few bucks and I might favor that route. If I were inclined to own a certified top-tier entombed MS70 I suppose it could be expensive but I would probably just go for a nice MS buisness strike.

Archived