CoinPeople.com

I bid on a neat dime!

thedeadpoint

I bid on a neat dime on Heritage in an upcoming auction. It's an old beauty and "dime" is misspelled on the coin! My high bid was $150 (just to say I bid) and lasted a few days til the auction got closer.

Now look at the current bid!

Dime on Heritage

:ninja:

Only because you've been on the krugerrands ;):ninja:

I want Krugerrands ;) They exceed my wallet.

Hehe... that's not misspelt!.. it's a well-known quirk of the original dismes, which were spelt thus from the old French word for a tithe, or tenth-part of income set apart as an offering to God...

Dime is actually incorrect when you think about it.

Don't worry, I know :ninja:

UPDATE:

The disme didn't sell! It didn't meet the reserve of $55K without buyer's premium.

I think it should go to the next highest bidder. or me. whichever comes last.

I know its a rare type but how on Earth did PCGS come up with a grade of F-12 for a scrached, worn & pitted coin like this one? Should have been body-bagged. Top grading company indeed.

Has a buy it now above 60 grand, lol. Even at how rare this coin is I can't imagine anyone paying that much for one in that condition. Then again, I could always be wrong. The half disme is still somewhat affordable (If you sell your new car, lol), so I'd just get one of those instead lol.

Btw:

"Each side has a few old scratches and minor scrapes, now blended with the surrounding surface and only of the slightest significance" Seems like someone took business writing, lol.

"Each side has a few old scratches and minor scrapes, now blended with the surrounding surface and only of the slightest significance" Seems like someone took business writing, lol.

:ninja:

Archived