CoinPeople.com

Coin collecting 2008

Dan769

What are some of your goals for your collection in 2008?

Some of mine are:

1. Go thru this giant pile of wheats looking for any varieties, then sell em or give em away

2. Type set additions and upgrades

3. Get into my Portuguese collection more, I've really added nothing to it in the last year.

4. A Carson City gold piece, but that is really a pipe dream.

1. To complete my mint run for Henry III Long-cross pennies, circa 1260. (Only 4 more to go out of over 20!)

2. To get a penny of each type from Aethelred II's reign apart from the gold penny and the Angus Dei type as each run into many thousands of pounds and even more in $$$

3. To get a date run of Queen Victoria Crowns from Jubilee Coinage and Old Head Issues.

4. To expand my Early Anglo-Saxon collection, delve into stycas and sceats as well as the early, early pennies.

Good luck whatever your goals are!

Clive.

1. Purchase remaining supplies necessary for my collection (PD folder/album; ASE, Peace, and SLQ albums and then that last page for the SQs)

2. Come up with budget to allow purchase of the following (hopefully):

- AU 1839 Booby Head Cent

- A Draped Bust piece of some sort

- Mercs, SLQs, Walkers, and Peace Dols. to fill the holes in my album

- AU or better Walker for type set

Of course, this is subject to change...

1. Image and Expand my collection of Daniel Dupuis medals.

2. Catalog and image my collection of Notgeld from Wattenscheid

3. Sell off some superfluous stuff.

4. Get more books.

5. Exhibit at CSNS and ANA

Sell of my thousands of British predecimal coins, hoards of wheat cents, hoards of indian cents and all the other stuff that takes up way too much space. Also focus in on my Scottish hammered and milled coinage and on basically little else. Probably sell of most of my USA types, the 1799 silver dollar, and my USA currency to finance my Scottish purchases. On my banknotebank.com page I have several better USA notes including a $500 and several early United States notes currently for sale.

Being a newbie my goals are small this year and they are only for old and new US circulating coinage:

Only one thing is definite at the moment and that is I know I will continue collecting the presidential series coins from circulation.

I may also see if my bank carries rolls of the $.50 cent pieces and if they do put a few aside for myself. I am hoping I can get really lucky and find something nice in a roll, whether it be old silver Kennedy halves or something that predates Kennedy. I wont hold my breath though and first I have to see if my bank carries them. At this time I would honestly be happy with a few clads since I only have one Kennedy from a proof set.

I will probably start a second states quarter collection for my own enjoyment. Well, technically first collection. My folks started one for me at the beginning of the program, but I may start one just for my own enjoyment.

Besides the state quarters and presidential coins I will be on the lookout for Westward Journey nickels and any wheat pennies I come across.

Now that I have a spreadsheet system to keep track of my coins I am:

1. Going to catalog all my special single coins.

2. I am *trying* to find the great coins I photographed and get a proper catalog number on their safety flips.

3. On the other hand, I need to find the photographs of the coins I already have that have catalog numbers and put them in safety flips.

4. Try to find where the odd coins went after I photographed them so I can catalog them.

5. And, finally, get all these coins properly cataloged and stored in safety flips.

In other words, right now I have a one-track mind trying to do an eight track job. :ninja:

On rare occasion I do find one to match what I thought it was. ;)

Confused? You should be sitting here at my computer and trying to sort this all out....

Corky

I want to finish my Franklin Half set, hoard more silver, buy a Bust coin, and get an older U.S. coin. (my oldest is currently 1831)

Check out this link to a very nice Bust for sale here. If the FUN show wasn't in a week and a half, I'd buy it myself. Has a nice look.

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showtopic=17934

Well my coin collecting goals for 2008 are as follows.

1. Complete my Kennedy Half collection (18 proofs needed)
  2. Complete my Uncirculated American Silver Eagle Set (9 more needed)
  3. Complete my U.S. Proof Set collection 1960 - 2007 (7 more needed)
  4. Work on Completing my Commemorative Silver Dollar Proof Collection (19 more needed)
  5. Catalog and image all of my current collection into ExactChange.
  6. Look for Bi-Metallic coins to increase my collection ( I love Bi-Metallic Coins. )
  7. Sell off my duplicates and miscellaneous coins
  8. Complete my U.S. Eisenhower Dollar collection
  9. Start a U.S. Peace Silver Dollar Collection.
  10. Work on my 1oz Silver Chinese Panda collection (11 more needed)
  11. Also purchase any other coins that I find that I like.
  12. Sell off all of my collected paper money

I will probably start a second states quarter collection for my own enjoyment. Well, technically first collection. My folks started one for me at the beginning of the program, but I may start one just for my own enjoyment.

My Official US Mint 50 States quarters album is scheduled to arrive this weekend. So this one will be underway shortly! :ninja:

Archived