CoinPeople.com

PCGS Grading Process Video

Guest Stujoe

Interesting! Thanks for the link Stujoe.

What it did not answer for me was how they determine the grades for world coins. There is no way they have people there that can know all the details of world coinage to know what the standard is to grade against, what strikes are naturally low relief, etc.

Interesting! Thanks for the link Stujoe.

What it did not answer for me was how they determine the grades for world coins. There is no way they have people there that can know all the details of world coinage to know what the standard is to grade against, what strikes are naturally low relief, etc.

You're right they don't - they send the coins out to be graded by others.

Damn, it blew me away, those "graders" handeling those coins w/o gloves.

Dave say's PCGS is the #1 TPG, I don't think that will be true long!

Will probably surprise more then to learn that none of the TPG graders wear gloves when grading coins.

I am thoroughly shocked that these guys are not using gloves--Here I am using gloves to insert coins into their sleeves--Now I know where those finger prints came from--What? I am to use gloves to keeps oils off the coins but these guys can piss on my coin with there oily hands?? :ninja: If true that all TPG's do not use gloves really now is starting to concern me-- ;)