CoinPeople.com

Badges/Medals on ebay

Ok, so I have these ANA badges on ebay. They're hi-res and very nice designs. They're all in outstanding shape. Here's my request. Would some of you take a look at these items and then give me a critique of the listings and catagories and such. I cannot believe that I have not gotten even one visit on any of the three that are listed. Thanks.

San Diego ANA Badge 1968

St. Louis 1970 ANA Convention Badge

Washington DC 1971 ANA Convention Badge.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I like the listings. Clear, easy to read, okay pics, and no hype.

Yes, they are actually nice listings. I don't think your counter is enabled however, There are at least four of us here that have visited the auctions and the counters are still not showing anything.

I also agree that they need to be called medals. You might still be able to pull the auctions and relist based on a "wrong description"... I think it's past the time where you can change the actual description...but maybe not. It's been awhile since I have listed anything and I experience senior moments.

Hi Art,

as your offer is very special, you may open your offer for world-wide shipping?

I know, that medals are not easy to sell in eBay. I have myself tried several times to sell medals from my collection in case they have been replaced by better one. Mainly my offers have been bought by coin dealers and sometimes offered in live auctions.

The audience for those special items is small. They wait until 5 seconds before the end, not to increase the price too much.

Thanks to all for looking and your advice. I think the medal thing is a definite "miss" on these listings. I have modified the listings to add the word Medal to the title. The original listings, this is the second time around, had two large pics for each badge but the results were the same, no bids and only one or two viewings. I switched to the stitched photo to save a bit on the listing fees. Maybe that was a bad thing.

I think I'll see if medal helps and then if I have to relist, I'll go back to the large pictures and the picture pack that allows large pics and such.

Descriptiom is great but the pics are too small to see detail of the medal itself & for me that would be the most important thing :ninja:

Get an inexpensive like $4.95 a month host for pictures, then you can have larger images by including image tags with the URL for the picture instead of using fleaBay's small size hosting. I would appreciate the medals more if I could see the intricate details that I know they have since I own a few myself.

Get an inexpensive like $4.95 a month host for pictures, then you can have larger images by including image tags with the URL for the picture instead of using fleaBay's small size hosting. I would appreciate the medals more if I could see the intricate details that I know they have since I own a few myself.

I've got to figure out how to make that work. Can you use something like fotki or flickr or do you have to got with something like inkfrog?

I've got to figure out how to make that work. Can you use something like fotki or flickr or do you have to got with something like inkfrog?

Your ISP should provide you with some server space as part of your monthly fees. That's what I use and then with a little well placed HTML placed in the turbo-lister you can have something that looks sort of like this...

One of my expired Ebay auctions

Your ISP should provide you with some server space as part of your monthly fees. That's what I use and then with a little well placed HTML placed in the turbo-lister you can have something that looks sort of like this...

One of my expired Ebay auctions

That's fantastic. I don't have pics as nice as those, but I do have some decent closeups of the designs. I can upload them to fotki or flickr and then get the urls for them. I've experimented a bit with this. I'll have to get the size parameters correct but I should be able to make it work. Thank you so much.

since its temporary...if you want, I can host them...PM me if you want.

The image I used was 800px X 400px... Feel free to look at the code and use anything you want. I'm only particular about people using my images which, BTW, I have caught quite a few doing for their own auctions. :ninja:

I'm just wondering now if having these listed at the same time as the ANA show may be hurting even viewing interest. I'm looking for my detailed pics. If I can find them, they're on a DVD not the computer. I'll see if I can modify the listing and add one.

Thanks for all the kind offers and advice. I think you all hit it on the head. Keywords, pics, and maybe poor timing. Worldwide shipping is a good idea on these. I'll have to get the details on that worked out before my next listings.

I'm also going to be selling a bunch of books that I have in my office and in the kid's room at home. Nice stuff but not used by anyone anymore. I think I'll have to learn enough HTML to make a listing profile for each type of item and then be able to add pics without the ebay fees. Again, thanks to everyone for their help.

The image I used was 800px X 400px... Feel free to look at the code and use anything you want. I'm only particular about people using my images which, BTW, I have caught quite a few doing for their own auctions. ;)

Please tell me you tortured them, please tell me you did :ninja:;)

Using other folks images rots -- unless you have permission that is. But for an auction? I guess if you were re-auctioning something that you won.

When I had the Scottish banknotes site I had issues all the time with people lifting my images to use in their auctions. The kicker came when I put copyright notices on the images and started noticing those on eBay. One warning was usually sufficient. But eventually I got tired of playing cop and downed the Banknotes site. At least the coins are unique enough that I have only found a couple of lifted images, and had one guy's host take his site down.

Please tell me you tortured them, please tell me you did :ninja:;)

I still have their fingernails..... ;)

My photos are unique enough to pick them right out when they show up some place they aren't supposed to be. I have copyright on them but it is imbedded in the images where it can't be seen.

Archived