CoinPeople.com

A truly rare Dollar

Mark Stilson

Um someone been doing a little photoshop magic LOL

:ninja:

No photoshop magic, it is the genuine original "reproduction" that was made in a sweatshop somewhere in S. China in the last 2-3 years. These made a flash in the news a couple of years ago in the LA area when a news station picked up on it.

Hah! I wonder who was doing the bidding?

I think it would have been even better if that dollar had Roosevelt on it.

What's funny to me is that this guy lists himself as being in LA, California. I'm wondering how surprised he'd be if the Secret Service came knocking on his door. I'd like to hear his state how he thought it was a real dollar, and wasn't trying to dupe anyone!

And speaking of the SS, anyone know why they don't seem to go after these guys? Maybe they need to shop on ebay while they're at work! There'd be a couple of CPer's who could probably apply for that position. :ninja:

What's funny to me is that this guy lists himself as being in LA, California. I'm wondering how surprised he'd be if the Secret Service came knocking on his door. I'd like to hear his state how he thought it was a real dollar, and wasn't trying to dupe anyone!

And speaking of the SS, anyone know why they don't seem to go after these guys? Maybe they need to shop on ebay while they're at work! There'd be a couple of CPer's who could probably apply for that position. :ninja:

No federal agency is going to launch any serious action against Chinese nationals engaging in this sort of fraud. The jewelry market is being flooded with base metal crap from China stamped .925 and 14k. Nike sneakers are available everywhere, especially on ebay, in colors and fabric patterns Nike never heard of, and Nike never gets a dime from their sale. New Balance shoes were produced illegally by a Chinese company for several years before the company was able to stop it, but that isn't even a possibility these days.

Plenty of US citizens are being arrested for trafficking in this knockoff and counterfeit crap, but the shipments coming in from China never even slow down.

China has "Permanent Most Favored Nation" trade status, courtesy of the Bush state department. Most, if not all, of the manufacturers engaging in the counterfeit trade are directly owned by the Chinese government. The trade in bogus rare coins from China will continue unabated and there's little that can be done about it in the area of getting any action from Treasury officials.

Basically the government has bigger fish to fry, for crying out loud, they cannot even keep millions of Latin Americans from trapsing over the border unabated. Why worry about counterfeits when Mexicans are invading across the border to steal jobs from "hardworking" Jerry Springer-esque welfare collecting and haven't worked a day in their lives, but loyal flag furling Americans? :ninja:

Archived