CoinPeople.com

Got your Pres. Do. yet?

thedeadpoint

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a roll at the bank today, will be posting tonight probably. The look MUCH better in person, but still kinda blah, at least the edge writing is interesting.

I read the mint was selling them in Grand Central Station. I wanted to get a roll to pass out. Walked over to take a look just now and didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it? Oh well.

I asked at my bank. They said they didn't have any but might get some in another week or two.

When they do get them they will probably crack the rolls and give them out with a limit per person. After a few weeks and they are stuck with them they will say "Nobody wants these" and not order the next President coin. They just don't get it.

I was at my bank around noon and they had them, picked up two rolls and 5 singles to show. They do look much better in person as stated above. Not going to bother to photo and post, someone will do it. My bank was in a little hick town about 65 miles SW of Houston, if they had them I figured everyone did.

BTW...I spent one today at lunch...waiter didnt know what it was...another waiter recognized it and it was no problem..probably going to spend 10 dollars worth...help get them circulating :ninja:

BTW...I spent one today at lunch...waiter didnt know what it was...another waiter recognized it and it was no problem..probably going to spend 10 dollars worth...help get them circulating :ninja:

I'm going to get another rolls worth to spend when i get to the bank, but yeah, for the most part nobody knows what they are. Even when I told someone they were like..."uh, you mean they made small dollars now? I thought they were big?" I guess someone hasn't seem a dollar coin since the Ikes lol.

bad photo...took it quick with bad lighting, I posted new photos here:

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry303260

...biggandyy, to be fair I think you should post those photos instead of the one I took quickly just to get up a photo :ninja: I thing with detail they are rather nice and as they tone, they will look better as details are a bit hard to get when they are ultra reflective like they are right now...I am carrying one around for the next few weeks and with just 2 days it already is starting to look a little better and details will come out in photos better when it doesnt have a mirror finish.

Then your in luck. You will at least half like all the coins in the series.

I can just see what your Prez. dollar Dansco will look like. :ninja:

I think one coin for the entire series will suffice for my Pres Dollar collection. Liberty side up so as not to see the Pres side and everything else is on the edge so no need to worry about different dates and such as you won't be able to tell anyway. ;)

How about this for the particularly picky collector, though...

If the edge lettering is found in both directions, up and down, will you think you need both for each date and mint mark? ;)

I stuck mine in a whittmans yesterday and notice there is no slot for the D mintmark. Just 4 a year, it looks like since you can't see the mintmark on the coin itself, they don't feel like making books big enough to hold both lol.

Archived