CoinPeople.com

2007 State Quarter designs

syzygy

I've got mixed feelings on all of the designs. I wish one of the states would take the challenge and do something really spectacular.

Montana :ninja:;)

Washington ;);)

Idaho ;) I wish they did something more with agriculture. The state outline is cliched.

Why-oming, Oh, why?! I think the design represents the state well but it looked better on paper I imagine.

Utah :D syzygy is right... a bit odd.

I look at the designs and I think

Montana - The dead animal state It reminds me of a giant skull and crossbones. This state is POISON.

Washington - Not bad, nice scenery, lakes, good fishing.

Idaho - Land of the REALLY BIG birds

Wyoming - "Watch this space! We're still thinking about it."

Utah - At last some history, the linking of the linking of the east and west by rail at Promontory Point, Utah and the golden final spike that they used.

Utah - At last some history, the linking of the linking of the east and west by rail at Promontory Point, Utah and the golden final spike that they used.

Think of the aftermarket potential of this coin. The spike could be plated with gold and sold as a historical remembrance.

Well, Montana seem like so many other quarter designs with a smattering of different items since it seems like the designer had ADHD and couldn't pick one. Washington I like as it's actually a scene, all unified. I actually like Idaho, though I could do without the state outline. Wyoming looks like they just gave up and said, "just copy the license plate design and crack open another PBR." Utah I like just because I like trains and the history of the completion of the transcontinental railroad at Promontory.

Just my 2c

PS- Is anyone else getting bored with these after 9 years?

Utah is, well, a bit odd (colliding trains with a spike?). :ninja:

Looks like you gave away your youthful status and a lack of good history class curriculum with this one. But that is okay, this is how we learn. That is a famous photograph of when east was joined with west. See Conder101 post.

Looks like you gave away your youthful status and a lack of good history class curriculum with this one. But that is okay, this is how we learn. That is a famous photograph of when east was joined with west. See Conder101 post.

I beg to differ sir as that is me reaching for the champagne...

800px-GoldenSpikev3.JPG

corrected link to pic

I've got mixed feelings on all of the designs. I wish one of the states would take the challenge and do something really spectacular.

I'm with you on this. I'd really like to see a state take the simple approach. Montana with just the skull, Washington with just the fish, Idaho without the stupid state outline. I think with one design element done really well it could make for a really attractive coin. The Montanan one would e awesome in high relief :ninja:

I still say that my home state of Washington could have done better by having a two headed coin - A profile of President Geo. Washington on one side and a front view of General Geo. Washington on the other. But no one asked me to design the thing :ninja: But all in all, it's not a bad design, I guess.

PS- Is anyone else getting bored with these after 9 years?

I've been bored with them since they started.....about 80% of them look like someone went click happy with the clipart (N Dakota for example). Coming from a graphic design background, and currently being trained as a formal artist and art teacher, I have to say they are a good idea, but poorly executed. Just ugly, why can't we steal ideas from pre euro france anymore like we used to?! :ninja:

Wyoming is hideous. Montana looks very much like a Canadian silver dollar I've seen ...

Archived