CoinPeople.com

I had a dream about coins...

thedeadpoint

We invest a significant amount of time and money into coins, banknotes, and related items. Occasionally, our hobby infuses our minds while we are asleep with thoughts and images of the above. Tell us about a dream you had involving coins in some way.

We're here to help.

Two nights ago, I had the following dream:

I was watching a neighborhood baseball game hanging over the fence around the dusty lot. A good amount of people were watching the casual Homerun Derby take place. I remember seeing a few balls slugged into the far outfields, some came close to making it over the fence.

To attract more spectators, someone offered up a - if I remember correctly - a 1793 dime (my redbook isn't handy but a cursory look on Heritage suggests I may be mistaken) for the batter to hit!

He swung at it and it went just over the centerfield wall. He knocked a baseball into the nearby grass shortly after.

Knowing the value of the coin, I remembered right where it fell after its flight so I could come back later and snatch it up for my own collection.

That night, I came back to the field (now the size of a minor league stadium) and sneaked to the spot where I knew the coin was. Instead of a patch of tall grass, the spot was now a concrete corner near trashbins. I moved the trashbins aside and looked in some crevices. I found handfulls of coins that must have fallen out of spectators' pockets. Some were dirty and sticky, some UNC, some foreign, some new, some old, some rare. I saw barbers, kennedys, and I found that homerun coin.

A cop found me on the premises trespassing and I did the best I could to hide most of the treasure. She reprimanded a good portion of it, but I saved the best part of the loot.

What a dream.

I got a metal detector for my birthday last year, but since it was so cold, I had to wait until summer to use it. The ground stays frozen until late March in Michigan. While I waited for better weather, I started researching some different ghost towns in Michigan to try and better prepare for the weather when I could use the detector. Finally, the ground thawed and we took a trip up north. After a days search, I hadn't found much except a couple of square nails and a few carriage parts. That night I had a dream that I was searching in a clay field and I had gotten a silver "ping" so I started digging. Since it was clay in my dream, I made a large square cut in the ground and then I noticed glimmering on the wall of the hole and there were banknotes, coins, and medals. The strangest part of the dream was the detail in the coins. They were mostly silver and gold pieces, plenty of st.'s and a few large cents. The notes consisted of a few silver certificates and a black eagle. There was some other random coins, but some were even certified. Sadly, my dream didn't come true.

When I was about 7 or 8, I had a dream that I found a Lincoln cent with a future date. I was ecstatic, but became very concerned because I knew that eventually it would no longer be distinguishable from a normal dated cent.

[avoid any deep Freudian / Jungian interpretations - sometimes a cent is just a cent :ninja:]

Two nights ago, I had the following dream:

I was watching a neighborhood baseball game hanging over the fence around the dusty lot. A good amount of people were watching the casual Homerun Derby take place. I remember seeing a few balls slugged into the far outfields, some came close to making it over the fence.

To attract more spectators, someone offered up a - if I remember correctly - a 1793 dime (my redbook isn't handy but a cursory look on Heritage suggests I may be mistaken) for the batter to hit!

He swung at it and it went just over the centerfield wall. He knocked a baseball into the nearby grass shortly after.

Knowing the value of the coin, I remembered right where it fell after its flight so I could come back later and snatch it up for my own collection.

That night, I came back to the field (now the size of a minor league stadium) and sneaked to the spot where I knew the coin was. Instead of a patch of tall grass, the spot was now a concrete corner near trashbins. I moved the trashbins aside and looked in some crevices. I found handfulls of coins that must have fallen out of spectators' pockets. Some were dirty and sticky, some UNC, some foreign, some new, some old, some rare. I saw barbers, kennedys, and I found that homerun coin.

A cop found me on the premises trespassing and I did the best I could to hide most of the treasure. She reprimanded a good portion of it, but I saved the best part of the loot.

What a dream.

Baseball and coins in the same dream, sweeet! My 2 favorite hobbies.

I've yet to have a coin dream :ninja:

When I was mighty young I had a dream that the tooth fairy left me a gold dollar from the 1800's under my pillow instead of a note. When I woke (still in dream) I found the coin, and put it in a drawer in my nightstand, but when I opened the drawer it was filled with coins, gold, silver, you name it, it was there. (At least from what I could remember of the coin picture books we had in my elementary schools library anyway). I remember when I woke in real life, I yanked open the drawer, and much to my displeasure, found nothing!

And, last week oddly, after reading a story about metal detecting finds I had a dream that I found an old box in my attic. (which my house doesn't have) Anyway lol, I found an old box hidden in the rafters of the attic, and it had about 6-10 coins in it from what I remember. These were a 1792 half disme, and a 1795 flowing hair dollar, and an old Austrian hammered coin similar to one I just got a few weeks ago. I just can't seem to recall the others, or the rest of the dream really. All I remember was once again waking up and having nothing.

Ahh, we dream of treasure, and one day it will really be ours!

Mine is much like Vfox.

Shortly after I started collecting(12?) I dreamed that my collection(Mostly taken from circulation) now included ton of Silver coins. It was so real that I had to check my drawers when I awoke.

I don't remember the last dream that I remembered after wakeing. Its been years.

Well i got two off hand, one's a dream the other was more a nightmare.

Firstly talking of Scrooge. It so happened i had one where i was sat in a Victorian counting house with a big oak table in front of me piled high with Vicky shield reverse sovereigns. As you can imagine i was in heaven. Bearing in mind that in the dream i already had an extensive shield reverse sovereign collection (naturally), i only needed a handful of dates for a complete set, one of which being 1858... and could i find an 1858 anywhere in the pile? Noooo! (I did take alot of the others though, well beggers can't be choosers :ninja: )

The second one was really more of a nightmare. I dunno what happened exactly. For some reason i was working for the secret services as a spy and i got caught. So anyhow i ended up in a bizarre bunker complex which was being run by Big Brother, which later turned out to be Margaret Thatcher but still. Anyhow i swiftly ended up in room 101 strpped to a big iron table and then the worst bit came. Above the table was suspended a rather large and heavy circular metallic object. The idea of this torture chamber was to make me go out of my wits or maybe just to kill me, either way this circular object started moving closer (kinda like in a room when the ceiling is coming down on you) and it turned out to be nothing else but a massive Churchill crown. So i got crushed and met my maker which turned out to be Winston himself and all the while Margaret Thatcher was laughing manically in the background.

Which was probably the worst nightmare i've ever had.

i ended up in a bizarre bunker complex which was being run by Big Brother, which later turned out to be Margaret Thatcher but still.

this circular object started moving closer (kinda like in a room when the ceiling is coming down on you) and it turned out to be nothing else but a massive Churchill crown. So i got crushed and met my maker which turned out to be Winston himself and all the while Margaret Thatcher was laughing manically in the background.

Which was probably the worst nightmare i've ever had.

:ninja:

No. I'm not laughing at your death. I'm laughing at the possibilities of turning that dream into a fantastic satirical film.

And I thought you were supposed to wake up before you die in dreams...

I probably did wake up just before my dream death.

Although having said that the other thing they say is that if you have a falling dream you always wake up before you hit the bottom. I hit the bottom alot, it's kinda painful. Then i wake up.

Big Brother --- Margaret Thatcher --- massive Churchill crown.

Now Freud and Jung are definitely interested! :ninja:

• 1 year later...

I had a dream with coins and notes last night.

I was trying to pay for something that cost around $11. So I reached into my pocket to pull out a handful of change and gave it to the cashier. At first we didn't think it was enough but then noticed a few of the higher denomination coins you see only in Europe - $1 coins, $2 coins, $3 coins. That was fine and all until I saw a CORONET QUARTER EAGLE gold coin among the others. I snatched the coins back from the cashier's hand and looked in my wallet for bills to use instead.

The bills worked until I noticed some LARGE SIZE 1915 NOTES. Of course that's not a year you can find on an American banknote but it sure looked pretty.

That's pretty much it...

I must have missed this thread. I have tons of coin dreams, the majority of which I find coins with an obverse strike on both sides or a reverse strike on both sides or a 1960 wheat cent or a wheat reverse and a memorial obverse and other impossible coins of the like.

Sometimes I dream of the ground strewn with old stuff (not as old as the 1700's, but still) that I can't find enough room for on me. I hate waking up from those.

Lately when I have dreams like that I quickly realize I'm dreaming and decide to fly around the place instead.

• 1 month later...

Oy... another one last night. And this one was a bad dream...

I can't remember all the details, and like most dreams, none of it seems sane in hindsight.

I was at a meeting or a conference or something with a bunch of classmates/colleagues/friends. I think we all had different coins in our hands showing them off. We were standing on a bleacher/stage like thing. Then someone notices two gorgeous, red, uncirculated, copper hammered coins on the ground beneath me. Everyone starts chastising me for dropping such great coins so carelessly. I swear I didn't have them before they were found on the ground. Still, no one believed me and I kept getting in trouble. I even tried showing my dad the coins I did have to prove they weren't anything special like the two hammereds. And the last odd moment came when my dad put those coins on a greasy plate, put them in the microwave, and out came a few strips of bacon!

I just started reading the Harry Potter books a few weeks ago. Last night, I thick in the action of the second one where everyone thinks Harry petrified a few classmates when he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time - a very similar situation (and probably the seed) for my dream.

I don't recall every having a dream about coins or currency. There was this one recurring dream that starts with Wonder Woman and her golden lariat.... :ninja: nevermind.

As your dreams were about hammered coins George, are you sure you were not hammered?

Or perhaps you were on LSD?

LSD being librae, solidi and denarii btw. :ninja:

Never read or watched any of the Harry Potter stuff. My son started one of the books when he was in Elementary School but he didn't like it.

Haha. I had a dream about coinpeople last night.

I dreamt there was a thread where we posted images of coins or notes and put captions to them:

Oregon_f.JPG

"Hmm... this bow will really improve the Feng Shui of this room"

A cheesy example.

I vote we start a new thread with Deadpoint's idea. I could contribute a few ... :ninja:

I actually had a coin dream the other night. I was playing poker and I had a straight, but when it came to showing my hand the cards had turned into a fistful of coins. My straight was A 2 3 4 5, and I don't remember what I used for the ace, but the coins were 19th-century British twopence, 3 p, and something that looked like a 4 Anna from British India (does such a coin exist?). I woke up before I got to the 5, which probably would have been a boring nickel.

I vote we start a new thread with Deadpoint's idea. I could contribute a few ... ;)

Oooh. Where should we put it? Great idea!

I woke up before I got to the 5, which probably would have been a boring nickel.

Archived