CoinPeople.com

What times face value?

Dads Stuff

Silver spot at $13 puts the bullion value at $4.70 per coin. I wouldn't sell for less than that if they were mine. Check the silver spot price for the day before you go to the shop, so you can know if the dealer is lowballing his offer.

I have several Franklin and Kennedy (1964) halves that I need to get rid of.  What price should I expect to get from my not so local coin shop?

Thanks,

Linda

You might want to offer them here first. We have a number of folks who collect those series and a few who are collecting silver.

You might want to offer them here first. We have a number of folks who collect those series and a few who are collecting silver.

True. I've been unable to break the habit of buying halves and quarters at spot when offered, though I did sell off most of the silver hoard to buy gold. Those would probably sell pretty quickly here.

Lately when I sell silver its around 7-7.50 on the dollars worth. So, 1 dollar face = 7 dollars or so. It's not a bad ratio, but it can be played around with, with different people buying and selling at different prices. Right now I can't buy for less than $8 per $1 face from my dealers, so buying low can get hard at times if that is your only source for silver.

Archived