Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The mailman was nice today and brought me a fractional banknote: 10 Cents from 1863.

This is my second fractional currency banknote and I thought that some others might like to see a size comparison of it.

2vhwymp.jpg

Nice drools civil war money has one me self but from the south CSS

1863 fourth issue

3.3.1863 Liberty at left. 40mm read seal watermark paper w/pink silk fibers

F $25 XF $35 CU $95

New Samoa notes - Very bright and colorful! They have low serial numbers, but the 10 adn the 20 Tala banknotes are the same serial numbers... kinda' neat I guess.

xf7nzr.jpg

Beautifull samoa you have there :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...
picked this up as change

2001 $1 Dollar

serial G 5555 5555 *

a solid and a star nice combination condition of the note crappy but i like the serial

That's like what, the third solid you've found in circulation? and this one a star note! How lucky can you get with those???? I'm jealous!! I've never even found a banknote with a serial number that's even remotely interesting :ninja:

Wow! That's the 'pokerchip' isn't it? Nice design and one I hardly get to see! Thanks for posting it up!

Yes it is indeed a "pokerchip" note, the last $10 United States note ever produced! Nice funny back Dave, it looks to be in excellent condition!

Yes it is indeed a "pokerchip" note, the last $10 United States note ever produced! Nice funny back Dave, it looks to be in excellent condition!

What series is your note?

Just receive this note free from a NZ collector friend. First Prefix Year 2003 (AA 03 005555) and it's a $5 Denomination. Although condition not very good but it is the 5555th produced in the year of 2003.

922148A.jpg