CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

Sounds like it was likely a Customs GOld Unit, which is explained nicely in this Wikipedia link: CGU Link

Dave, that's exactly what he has but I don't recall the denominations, a very helpful link. Do they have much value? Regardless, I think they are very interesting.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave, that's exactly what he has but I don't recall the denominations, a very helpful link. Do they have much value? Regardless, I think they are very interesting.

They're not expensive - check Ebay and you'll see quite a few for sale and 'buy it now'. I've yet to get one myself... Actually, until I read that article I linked to you, I thought that they were some sort of coupon issued for the customs houses or something... I never knew they were actually used as banknotes. :ninja: hehe Oh, well, you can't know it all!

Beautiful test notes, Dave. Does the cover say who printed them?

Dave 2

Unfortunately no. I looked on a couple of other sites that deal with test notes, and they have no information as to their printer. Arcatech.com has no info either.

But, here's a consolation for you: Rwanda banknotes! - Yay!

2yozo0n.jpg

Unfortunately no. I looked on a couple of other sites that deal with test notes, and they have no information as to their printer. Arcatech.com has no info either.

Wonderful! Those are some real nice notes, the African ones always seem to tell a nice story of local life.

Here's a new project of mine, it may possibly be the project from hell. But so far the hunt has been fun:

http://www.frenchbanknotes.com/WAS110.php

Dave

How does someone acquire test notes?

You have to study.

Hard!

No - just search for them on Ebay. Makers of Money handling machines as well as printers use testnotes to check out their stuff. Some are just boring paper, but others are quite phenomenal in their designs. Most are dirt cheap, but some others can fetch up into the 100s.

Wonderful! Those are some real nice notes, the African ones always seem to tell a nice story of local life.

Here's a new project of mine, it may possibly be the project from hell. But so far the hunt has been fun:

http://www.frenchbanknotes.com/WAS110.php

Dave

Wow! My first thought was: "Oh good Lord! You're insane!" Haha

But then it hit me...Pow!... Once you've got that done, you'll have an awesome set unlike what 99.9% of the collectors of banknotes have done. So now, I say "Cool! - Very cool!" I'll have to keep an eye on your progress!

Nothing says it can't be cool and insane at the same time :ninja:

Obviously I picked one of the cheapest notes for this project, so it won't kill me financially, and I can comfortably grab pretty much any of these as they surface, with the hopes that some day I might have that seriously rare collection.

Dave

Nothing says it can't be cool and insane at the same time :ninja:

Obviously I picked one of the cheapest notes for this project, so it won't kill me financially, and I can comfortably grab pretty much any of these as they surface, with the hopes that some day I might have that seriously rare collection.

Dave

I think you can count on that - It might take some time, but it should be well worth it! Good luck!

You have to study.

Hard!

No - just search for them on Ebay. Makers of Money handling machines as well as printers use testnotes to check out their stuff. Some are just boring paper, but others are quite phenomenal in their designs. Most are dirt cheap, but some others can fetch up into the 100s.

Haha. But how do they get to ebay? how do they get to the market? Do the machine makers just give htem away or sell them?

2yozo0n.jpg

What a beautifull african banknotes you got there....always admire the africans banknotes :ninja:

Singapore $1 Dollar Type 1 seal 1967 10 note runner UNCIRCULATED still in sleve. Got as a GOOF UP on ebay sold for $10 USD was supposed to be $100 they're loss

Singapore $10 Dollar Type 2 seal 1973 AU also a goof up sold for $5 suppose $50

The above were buy it now auctions

United States 2 $1 dollars bills

L12 00004743 G series 2003a

B2 22222222 B series 2006 my second solid UNCIRCULATED