CoinPeople.com

Hi welcome, this is a great site and people are very friendly. I recently bought a detector but have only used it twice. I haven't found anything of great interest yet, and its not easy to do much around hear in Scotland as the laws are quite strict, but I would appreciate any detecting tips if you have any?

Hey,

I recently got a metal detector also. So far I've only found junk. How long have you been at it? Do you have any tips you wouldn't mind sharing??

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome

Glad you don't mind detectorists its definitly a cross over in hobbies I think

The most important advice for a metal detectorist is go slow and low Its not a game of golf!!

On my metal detecting forum I frequent a gentleman today found a beautiful celtic gold stater absoulotly beautiful

I love the idea of picking up a coin thinking what was the circumstances of the loss of the coin soo interesting for me

I am currently building a small collection of coins for my son

A way (excuse) of me taking up the hobby and having reason to spend a bit of money

I have real fun in finding a load of coins for a few pennies and finding out my investment has gone way up in value within a few hours of more research into what I have got

I tend to go for anything that I like really but mainly stick to pre 1965 american coins and french coins but only get the american coins from yard sales (boot sales) vide greniers

Anyway I look foward to being part of this great community good hunting!!

I have been metal detecting for several years and have a number of coins. Most of the coins I have found are in pretty bad shape and dont make it into my coin collection. The pieces are very interesting in their own rite. What better way to date a sight I am hunting than a little round object with a date on it. I recently found a Colonial house sight on my family farm. I have been digging buttons out of the field that date from the late 1700's to about 1820. Our farm has been in the family since before Ohio became a state so I may be finding things that were used by my great, great grand parents.

Welcome

Archived