CoinPeople.com

kuhli's collection

SlavicScott

Bosnia seems to be a hot spot for me right now, as I am finding several things available that I need. Here are a couple of notes I received today:

These are the first issues of the independent Bosnia, there are 3 varieties of each of these notes, with the difference being the overprint, and whether it has a no numeral, or a "1", or a "2" . Both of these are the "b" variety, with the "1"

P#1b

901823A.jpg

P#2b

901824A.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still picking up stuff from Bosnia, including this piece, today:

914738.jpg

This is from a short (5 year) series with the theme of horses, issued from 1994-1998. This is the 1995 issue, showing the English Hack. Most of these are fairly common and I shouldn't have much trouble completing the set, as long as I can stay focused.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been busy with the other things in life, (work, marriage, etc), and have been quietly lurking the last few weeks, but still slowly adding to the collection. Some of the recent purchases:

The latest issue from Serbia, commemorating the 150th anniversary of the birth of Nikola Tesla

916941.jpg

A few more of the Sarajevo Olympics series

916957.jpg

916958.jpg

916959.jpg

And some recent notes issued in Serbia

902583A.jpg

902583B.jpg

902584A.jpg

902584B.jpg

902585A.jpg

902585B.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few recent arrivals, including this pair of Slovenian tokens issued during their struggle for independence from Yugoslavia.

917269.jpg

If you look carefully at the date & denomination on the reverse, you can still see the faint outline of the "10" from the Yugoslavian 10 para issues of 1990-91 that these tokens were overprinted on.

917270.jpg

This piece has some serious issues with doubling and re-punching, throughout all the legends. The central flora design seems to be the only part that doesn't exhibit any doubling. The size coincides with the Yugoslavian 20 para issues of 1990-91, and it does appear that some beading may still be present, so I am guessing that this is also an overprinted piece.

917267.jpg

A circulating commemorative 5 kuna piece from Croatia.

• 3 weeks later...

My latest addition!

917676.jpg

Of all the normal circulation issues, this coin is the KEY, with a mintage of only 33,000 pieces. I have watched patiently for several years for one to come up, and I was not going to be denied when this one appeared on eBay. I was especially pleased to get it well below the 2006 Mandic catalog value of €45, althought I was willing and prepared to go well above that, if needed. (show me a US coin with a mintage that low that can be found for less than $25!!)

Of all the circulation issues, there are 4 pieces that are considered the key and semi-key dates, all of which have mintages of less than 1 million. The above piece is by far the rarest, followed by the 1975 2 dinara with a mintage of 92,000, then the 1981 5 para with a mintage of 630,000, and finally the 1977 5 dinara with a mintage of 922,000. Ironically, it is this last piece, the least rare of the lot, that I am still lacking in my collection. I wonder how much longer I am going to have to wait for one of them to show itself.

• 2 weeks later...

One of several new additions this past week.

902943A.jpg

1968 10 dinara with Tito overprint.

In 1980, upon the death of Josip Broz Tito, the country mourned the loss of their great leader.

As part of the national mourning, the body of Tito was transported via train from Ljubljana (Slovenia) where he died, throughout the country, ending in Belgrade (Serbia), for the official national funeral services. Along with his casket on display aboard the train, there was also a large amount of currency, which was stamped with this seal upon arrival in Belgrade, as a final memento of "Father Tito."

I hope to eventually add some of the other denominations that carry this stamp, but for now I am happy to at least have a single example in my collection.

• 4 weeks later...

I have added a lot of stuff to the collection over the last month or so, just haven't gotten around to scanning most of it. I did get these 2 tokens scanned last night, so I will show them.

918959.jpg

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of 2nd AVNOJ, ("Anti-Fascist Council of National Liberation of Yugoslavia"), in which Tito organized a Federal state of Yugoslavia made up of regional republics, and ousted the monarchy government of Petar II.

918960.jpg

Issued in honor of the Balkan Games, held in 1976 in Celje (now Slovenia). I don't know anything about these, yet, so I am wondering if perhaps there may be others with different sports portrayed on the reverse.

• 2 months later...

Archived